Back from Africa

Jorge

Jriley said:
...I'm leaving for New Brunswick on Sunday for a black bear hunt. I'll post some pictures when I get back.
Jim,

Good luck on your hunt. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

George

gadeerwoman

Good grief at the trophies!! You gotta have a huge amount of wall space for all those. Some great trophies and some great pix. Glad the hunt went fantastic for you.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
That was a dream trip to say the least!
Very well done!

Someday for me I hope! ::;

Jorge

Thanks everybody. It was a dream come true. At one time I thought I would never be able to hunt in Africa. However, you would be surprised at how reasonable a trip like this is. For almost what it will cost me to hunt elk out west with a guaranteed tag and an outfitter, I was able to got to Africa and take 5 animals including airfare. Compared to what it costs to hunt grizzly, moose or sheep, its a real bargin.

George

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
coon dawg said:
...did ya bless all the little pygmies over there??? :D :D :D................and was that Zebra black with white stripes, or white with black stripes?? :D

CD, you ain't right Bro!.... :D :rofl: :D

Jorge

coon dawg said:
.......did ya bless all the little pygmies over there??? :D :D :D.....

No pigmies where I was. Just the Herero tribe. We also had a Damara tracker as well and the last day when we hunted near Windhoek, we had a Bushman tracker.

I will say this. The Herero tracker I hunted with, Elia, was as strong as an ox and tougher than battery acid. If you look closely at the right side of his face, you will notice a severe scar below his eye and you might be able to tell that he has partial paralysis on the right side of his face. I found out from a previous hunter that this was the result of a puff adder bite he received when he was 4 years old that went untreated (at least with modern medicine).

Attachments

• Elia.JPG
    Elia.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 172

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

Jorge said:
No pigmies where I was. Just the Herero tribe. We also had a Damara tracker as well and the last day when we hunted near Windhoek, we had a Bushman tracker.

I will say this. The Herero tracker I hunted with, Elia, was as strong as an ox and tougher than battery acid. If you look closely at the right side of his face, you will notice a severe scar below his eye and you might be able to tell that he has partial paralysis on the right side of his face. I found out from a previous hunter that this was the result of a puff adder bite he received when he was 4 years old that went untreated (at least with modern medicine).
...dude where's his hat's out 'bout like me.lol.........ouch on the Adder bite!! :hair:

Jorge

coon dawg said:
...dude where's his hat's out 'bout like me.lol.........ouch on the Adder bite!! :hair:
Yeah he does. That's why I left him my UGA cap when I left. I also left him with one of my shirts, couple of pair of socks, my wind checker (which he used constantly) and a roll of duct tape. There's no tellin' what that duct tape is holding together now.

PFDR1

Woody's Hat

Old boy would have looked good running around the plains of Africa in one. :cool: :cool:

doc

New trophies in the rock house!!!

Is your wife going to let you keep your mounts in the house or do we get them in the rock house? Great animals.

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
True Story!!!

doc said:
Is your wife going to let you keep your mounts in the house or do we get them in the rock house? Great animals.
...guy from Greenville, NC, that used to go to the same camp in Canada as I do, let me crash at his place one night on the way home from Manteo (Alligator River NWR)...............dude had a gram slam of sheep in his GARAGE, man :hair: :hair: ...................reason??....his wife wouldn't let more than 3 mounts in the house...............those that occupied the space were his 3 Canadian Whitetails (158, 168, 184). :D :D

Jorge

doc said:
These trophies WILL NOT go in the rock house! Good try though. I'm in the process of building out my living room as a study and most will go in there.

Jorge

coon dawg said:
...guy from Greenville, NC, that used to go to the same camp in Canada as I do, let me crash at his place one night on the way home from Manteo (Alligator River NWR)...............dude had a gram slam of sheep in his GARAGE, man :hair: :hair: ...................reason??....his wife wouldn't let more than 3 mounts in the house...............those that occupied the space were his 3 Canadian Whitetails (158, 168, 184). :D :D
I love my wife and all, but I'm sorry, I trade her for a sheep grand slam.

Woodsman

Great trip...

Looks like you did real well. Congrats,thanks for sharing. :cool: :cool: Maybe one day I will get my dream hunts in. :D :D