Back in the cell game!

Jim Boyd

It is a long story, sort of - with a happy ending.

It has been a bit of an ordeal but Bushnell stepped up. Gotta hand it to them.

Just in time for clean antlered bucks and real / fake scrapes!!!!

0F15A276-F493-4CE5-8EF2-D6FA17F4360C.jpegC8A5820E-EE4C-43D8-AD64-DA08FCE53B12.jpeg

So wait what happened here ? Don’t reckon I heard what went on.. did they all crap out on your or you switch to bushnell
Give me the scoop

Blackston

I’m glad they stepped up …. When ya told me what happened I was interested to see the outcome

Jim Boyd

So wait what happened here ? Don’t reckon I heard what went on.. did they all crap out on your or you switch to bushnell
Give me the scoop

Short story - had 12 older models with the larger doors. Had some water intrusion issues and some data issues.

I got tired of the multiple issues and asked for a mass swap out to the updated model. The new unit has a very small door and also has a solar charger built in.

We did have several “conversations” and some of these were slightly edgy but in the end they came around.

They actually threw in one extra new cam so the herd grew from 12 to 13.

Will try to get at least some of them deployed on fake scrapes and maybe even some real ones, if I see any.

Josh B

Do you have to pay a data bill for each camera? Haven't used one yet but I've been looking. Cost of batteries and SD cards is expensive enough. I have a couple spots I don't want to disturb more than I have to.

Jim Boyd

Do you have to pay a data bill for each camera? Haven't used one yet but I've been looking. Cost of batteries and SD cards is expensive enough. I have a couple spots I don't want to disturb more than I have to.

Josh

Yes on data bill. $10 for 2k images per month and $15 for unlimited. I use unlimited.

The Bushnell cams have been crazy good on batteries. I use Amazon basic batts and most cams run a year +.

I’ve got zillions of cards and have given them away on GON in the past. PM me info if u need some.

What I am not gonna have this year is cams running on the Illinois farm. @slow motion is up there looking at a farm just now - if I had these cams earlier, I would have asked him to ride over to my leased ground and put a few out for me!

Thanks

slow motion

Josh

Yes on data bill. $10 for 2k images per month and $15 for unlimited. I use unlimited.

The Bushnell cams have been crazy good on batteries. I use Amazon basic batts and most cams run a year +.

I’ve got zillions of cards and have given them away on GON in the past. PM me info if u need some.

What I am not gonna have this year is cams running on the Illinois farm. @slow motion is up there looking at a farm just now - if I had these cams earlier, I would have asked him to ride over to my leased ground and put a few out for me!

Thanks
Anytime I can be of service just ask my brother.

BluewaterFever

Very nice of Bushnell to step up.
I have had some luck with Cover cameras and working swap outs but not nearly as good as Bushnell did for you.
Can't wait to see the pics!

Jim Boyd

Hopefully you give these cameras a good review and I’ll buy a couple.

I have one of these type cams out in the field now.

It has been out for about 6 months. It was a swap out for an earlier one that got water in it.

It has been trouble free thus far and has probably taken about 3-4000 images. I had it on a salt stump that had high traffic. It is on a buggy road now with much less traffic.

Time will tell, sir.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Fake scrape time!!!!!
I made one the other day, but didn’t put a cam on it. Anywho, exciting to open up all them new toys!! Woohoo! Have fun with that brother!

Latest posts