Fake Scrapes 2023: Create One and Share Your Images!

Jim Boyd

Okay folks - I see real scrapes popping up now…. So it is time (for me, at least) to create a few fake ones.

There is no real gain but I do find it fun!

I started 3 this weekend and will go back today and try to “freshen them up” - ran low on urine as I was creating them.

What ya got???

Here is my first customer. She did not linger long, just walked up and looked / smelled after circling around at a distance.

E1C70525-4FDC-4D4A-B50F-5A2B670CE8FB.jpeg

slow motion

I tried it under a low hanging limb on a field edge Saturday in IL. No camera on it though. Had read where yall had done it and I had to go anyway.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
The Me Pee scrapes work

Jim Boyd

Fueling up with coffee now for some mock scraping in a bit. I also got some pre-orbital scent to try the hanging vine thing.

Nice!!!!

ssramage

My local TSC had a few of the Code Blue Grave Diggers in their clearance section for $6. I'm going to give them a shot soon and see how it goes.

Jim Boyd

Both does came in and sniffed a bit…

IMG_3563.jpeg

Jim Boyd

Very nice!

Daylight, too!

Jim Boyd

Looking good!

rutnbuk

Good thread. I am about to start putting some out now. A lot cheaper way to get a pic of a Buck than corn since my areas are covered up in Doe. I have a proven reciPEE! ;) 1.Fill up a water bottle next time you need to go. 2. Add about 5-6 squirts of BFO all season attractant. 3. Let the bottle roll around in the bed of your truck for a couple days to get "seasoned"4.Pour out on your scrape and licking branch. 5. Get ready to be amazed:p Note- dont skip step 3-

Jim Boyd

Good thread. I am about to start putting some out now. A lot cheaper way to get a pic of a Buck than corn since my areas are covered up in Doe. I have a proven reciPEE! ;) 1.Fill up a water bottle next time you need to go. 2. Add about 5-6 squirts of BFO all season attractant. 3. Let the bottle roll around in the bed of your truck for a couple days to get "seasoned"4.Pour out on your scrape and licking branch. 5. Get ready to be amazed:p Note- dont skip step 3-

I’ll be needing to try that.

They are not hitting mine yet.

Some does sniffing but that is all.