Fake Scrapes 2023: Create One and Share Your Images!

Jim Boyd

This dude came and laid in the scrape for 45 minutes. When he stood up he worked it again took a dump and left.

Sweetness!!!!

Mackie889

This dude came and laid in the scrape for 45 minutes. When he stood up he worked it again took a dump and left.
For real?! That’s cool. I made a couple of rope scrapes, peed in the scrape, and nothing has even visited! Anyone ever have luck w/ the ropes?

Jim Boyd

For real?! That’s cool. I made a couple of rope scrapes, peed in the scrape, and nothing has even visited! Anyone ever have luck w/ the ropes?

I don’t know what the rope scrape is but don’t be troubled by no visitors yet.

It is still really early.

I have three fake scrapes made and does only so far.

Good luck!!!!!

Mackie889

I don’t know what the rope scrape is but don’t be troubled by no visitors yet.

It is still really early.

I have three fake scrapes made and does only so far.

Good luck!!!!!
Instead of a “licking branch” you hang a 3/4”-1” twine rope down for them to use. I heard about it in Don Higgin’s Chasing Giants podcast. He swears by them. I have 2 up at our Brooks County farm and neither has been touched yet. It may just be a Midwest thing? Or my deer are strange … they don’t use mineral stations either! ‍

chrislibby88

Instead of a “licking branch” you hang a 3/4”-1” twine rope down for them to use. I heard about it in Don Higgin’s Chasing Giants podcast. He swears by them. I have 2 up at our Brooks County farm and neither has been touched yet. It may just be a Midwest thing? Or my deer are strange … they don’t use mineral stations either! ‍
You wear gloves? The rope might hold human scent for a while.

Mackie889

You wear gloves? The rope might hold human scent for a while.
No … but the rope has been hanging since February. I even kept them outside for a few months before hanging them to help remove the smell of the rope. Looks like the bachelor groups are breaking up around my property. I am getting several different new bucks showing up this week. Maybe they will start hitting the rope scrapes now?

Deernut3

No … but the rope has been hanging since February. I even kept them outside for a few months before hanging them to help remove the smell of the rope. Looks like the bachelor groups are breaking up around my property. I am getting several different new bucks showing up this week. Maybe they will start hitting the rope scrapes now?
Have you added any scent to the rope ? I'm using buck pre-orbital scent with pretty good results. I'm holding off on the doe estrus for now.

Jim Boyd

Still just looking for now and still only the does so far.

Saw some bucks on cam this am that are still in velvet.

We will see!!!!!

IMG_3593.jpeg

Mackie889

Have you added any scent to the rope ? I'm using buck pre-orbital scent with pretty good results. I'm holding off on the doe estrus for now.
No, I haven’t. I might get some preorbital gland scent. I hung the ropes where they have scraped in the past.

kayaksteve

I haven’t tried rope but I tried the grape vine and hanging my own cut limb and haven’t had nearly the results I have with a natural limb. The best results I have had is “spicing up” historic scrape locations. For some reason they know the spot they like to scrape and I haven’t cracked the code to fake it yet. But, a scrape is my favorite place for a camera by far.

Mackie889

No, I haven’t. I might get some preorbital gland scent. I hung the ropes where they have scraped in the past.
I picked up a product called “scrape fix” I think at Walmart. It comes in a small ball shaped applicator. It contains a powder that you puff onto limbs (in my case rope) and the ground beneath the branch. I will put that on the ends of my ropes and on the ground. I will let everyone know how it works.

Big7

The Oracle
I haven't read both pages but I will go back and read them..

But let me jump in and say the
Wildlife Research Mock Scrape Kit works good. I comes with enough juice to refill a couple of times. You can save up the bottles and make 2 or three scrapes with a new kit every year.

And... If you save a few of the bottles and clean them real good woth soap and water, then rubbing alcohol, you can put doe pee or #302 Curiosity Scent in a few and they will drip a few drips of that at daylight and dusk too.

That's one thing I buy every year. They work.

Mackie889

I haven't read both pages but I will go back and read them..

But let me jump in and say the
Wildlife Research Mock Scrape Kit works good. I comes with enough juice to refill a couple of times. You can save up the bottles and make 2 or three scrapes with a new kit every year.

And... If you save a few of the bottles and clean them real good woth soap and water, then rubbing alcohol, you can put doe pee or #302 Curiosity Scent in a few and they will drip a few drips of that at daylight and dusk too.

That's one thing I buy every year. They work.
Good info, thanks!

slow motion

Not a DYI but found while pulling a card from a camera. Still wet in the middle. Wont be long till girlfriends will be the only thing on their minds. Been there. Weve ALL been there.20230927_145746.jpg20230927_145805.jpg

Jim Boyd

After a very slow start, our scrapes seemingly picked up overnight.

I have not cleaned them out or urinated in them for about two weeks now.

Will try to freshen them this weekend.

IMG_3628.pngIMG_3627.jpegIMG_3626.jpegIMG_3623.jpegIMG_3625.jpegIMG_3622.jpegIMG_3621.jpeg