Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Good looking setup.
What prompted the move ?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Gonna be 70 soon. My knees have been aching out on my ladder stands. Also harder to climb.

Understand fully.
I’m a year younger than you and have all sorts of health issues. I mostly hunt tripod or box type stands now.
I hunt alone about 75% of the time. I’m thinking hard on having to settle for less hunting time by stopping that.

Back40hunter

Good looking setup. Just curious why you wouldn’t go with a full out ground blind? That roof is really nice on rainy days. Also, what is the blind you have in the photos? Did it come that way or did you modify some brand of ground blind? I’d love to know the manufacturer?

turkeykirk

Good looking setup. Just curious why you wouldn’t go with a full out ground blind? That roof is really nice on rainy days. Also, what is the blind you have in the photos? Did it come that way or did you modify some brand of ground blind? I’d love to know the manufacturer?
Figured this one would be easier to carry around.
Got it on Amazon. So far seems to be a nice blind.IMG_8540.png

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Shadow11

I like it. I'd probably sit closer to the ground and cut slots to shoot through.

Does that fold up like a pop up tent? Is it something mobile that you can fit in a back pack and take down daily?

turkeykirk

I like it. I'd probably sit closer to the ground and cut slots to shoot through.

Does that fold up like a pop up tent? Is it something mobile that you can fit in a back pack and take down daily?
It rolls up and fits in a shoulder bag. About 6 inches by 30 inches long. It has 3 slots (1 on each side about 6 inches down from the top). I sit up like that so my knees don’t hurt! :rofl: