Bad Memory, or choosing to forget?

StriperAddict

From scriptures, highlighted by this message, do we really know our sins are cast away, or are we religiously focused on that languishing redirect from the accuser?

Hint ... that's like satan keeping us "in our place" by using shame to change our thoughts and behaviors, but not fixing our eyes on Christ and relationally enjoying the peace of transformation and what is ours by grace.

This is just a review towards encouraging the saints in truth. Shoot away at the messengers of unmerited love and favor from finished work. The recipients of such grace have awesome looking shields and breastplates. ?

Enjoy! ;)

--------

What does it mean that God forgets our sin? Does He forget?

In Isaiah 43:25 God declares,

"I am He who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins."

In talking about Jesus as a perfect, once-for-all sacrifice for our sins, the writer of Hebrews says,
"For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying,
'This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,' then he adds,
'I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.' Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin" (Hebrews 10:14–18).

What does it mean that He "will not remember" our sins?
Does God forget our sin?

No.
HE CHOOSES NOT TO REMEMBER THEM
OR HOLD US ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEM,
OR BRING THEM UP AGAIN BECAUSE THEY WERE IMPUTED TO CHRIST, WHO BECAME SIN.

Which in plain English means God will never mention your personal sins to you ever again in all eternity and has quite literally taken away your sin, because He made Him to become sin, who knew no sin.

So you could and did become as righteous as Him once you believed.

Did you see that?

God is so powerful that not even sin can have power over Him.

Who knows what really happened to it, but He conquered it that we know.

By nailing it to the cross.

It's radical!

=======
From Mike Fischer, FB post, by permission