Bait

Big7

The Oracle
You could make some good money selling them things.

People that use them don't care what they cost.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It'll be about a month here.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
The tree is covered in them but 2 more trees within 20 yards of it have none and neither does the big one down by the chicken pen, nor the one in the front yard. I`ll get a few for fishing next week but most I`ll let go for seed.

Geffellz18

A telescopic “cane” pole, blue mustad Aberdeen hooks, splitshot & catalpa’s…
Slip ‘em down the cypress knees and hold on. Used to tear the goggle eyes (warmouth) up with grandpa on the yaller’ river!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Can you freeze them?
Yes , I’ve froze them in gallon jugs filled with water when I use to run a lot of trot lines on the Ocmulgee for catfish . Also for short term storage you can put them in a paper bag with flour or cornmeal and put them in fridge for a few weeks

Redbow

I do not see any Catalpa trees in our part of the NC woods here on the coast, I guess they don't grow here. Sure wish I had a few to feed the Bream and Shellcracker's in the White Oak River. Anyone ever heard them called a Monkey Cigar Tree?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Anyone got a close up photo of these famous worms/catalpapillars y’all referring to?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Can you freeze them?
Several ways to freeze them. I prefer to do a quick blanching then dry and put in freezer.
My three trees died during the severe cold spell we had this past winter. Need to head down to the river and get five or six trees and get another set growing.

trad bow

The tree is covered in them but 2 more trees within 20 yards of it have none and neither does the big one down by the chicken pen, nor the one in the front yard. I`ll get a few for fishing next week but most I`ll let go for seed.
I’ve had good luck by reseeding the worms on trees that didn’t have any.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Several ways to freeze them. I prefer to do a quick blanching then dry and put in freezer.
My three trees died during the severe cold spell we had this past winter. Need to head down to the river and get five or six trees and get another set growing.
Give them a year or so, I've had them go dormant for 3 years and come back strong.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Need to head down to the river and get five or six trees and get another set growing.
If you can find one with the "bean pods" growing on it, please grab me 4 or 5 and put them in a zip lock bag. There's over a 1000 seeds in each on of those pods.

trad bow

Give them a year or so, I've had them go dormant for 3 years and come back strong.
Naw they were dead. Wind blew two over and the other one roots died. Actually the two that blew over roots were dead and starting to decay