SOS Catfish Bait?

ssramage

Headed to Sinclair next week and had a long ago memory of a catfish bait I used to use back in college that I got from a member here. Tried searching and can't find the original post...

Does anyone remember the bait formula? Seems like it was chicken (or hot dogs), strawberry-banana jello and some licorice smelling spice?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Search for the Sultan of Slime, there’s recipes for his nuggets on the board. Been a while since I searched for them.

ssramage

Search for the Sultan of Slime, there’s recipes for his nuggets on the board. Been a while since I searched for them.
Found it! For the life of me, I couldn't remember what "SOS" stood for!

I used to live on Sinclair back in college and it's been "a few" years since then. Tore up the catfish using it and plan to make a batch for jugging next week with my kids.

Ihunt

Whatever happened to the SOS? I know he moved so he could fish on the Tennessee river. Thought he may stay in touch with us.

Big7

The Oracle
Whatever happened to the SOS? I know he moved so he could fish on the Tennessee river. Thought he may stay in touch with us.
I was wondering that myself.

Went and looked. He hasn't posted since 2016.
Hope he's still kicking.

Hillbilly stalker

Don’t know the man, any chance he used sweet anise ? It’s illegal in some states to use because it’s a pretty much sure shot.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Did he move up to the Tennessee River?

That basin has big Cats and Striper.
Yep, him and the Mrs full time chartering.

I went over and met and fished with him a few years back. We shared some new tactics we was trying. He lives over in guntersville or did then.. really good fella enjoyed it. I really like the boat he has. It’s one them northern type boats all aluminum welded with enclosure cab. Sweet setup

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I went over and met and fished with him a few years back. We shared some new tactics we was trying. He lives over in guntersville or did then.. really good fella enjoyed it. I really like the boat he has. It’s one them northern type boats all aluminum welded with enclosure cab. Sweet setup
I spent some time with him before he got started. Lived down by HighFalls back then.

I spent some time with him before he got started. Lived down by HighFalls back then.
I learned of him on here and followed him we talked a bit.. I was traveling through that area and we was like let’s go fishing so I parked my big rig and we got the boat and went to the lake..

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Him and Ms Cindy are good people.

Lukikus2

Last I heard he partnered up with Bill Dance and was fishing the Mississippi River now? Been a while since I’ve heard anything.