Bama / LSU (2022)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Teams aren’t scared of Bama any more. The bully is being bullied now. And yes, I‘m loving it! :bounce:(y)

I know we aren't scared of them or any other team for that matter. The Dawgs believe they will win every game and they go and do it. Success breeds success.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
@The Original Rooster At some point you have to face facts. Last year Saban claimed it was a rebuilding year. Ok cool. What’s the problem this year? He’s fielding undisciplined team. This was his year. He’s lost two regular season games. I’ve watched Saban coached teams for years. I’ve never seen Saban led teams look so Mark Richt like. It’s bad. Legit Bammers see it to. Something is missing. Something is way off. It’s not talent.
The only fact to face is that Alabama (and no one else for that matter) can be a National Champion every single year. It's just too hard to put all the pieces of a contender together every year when you're constantly rotating talent in and out. Saban just happens to be amongst the best to do it. Kirby has learned and is getting good at it too.
If Alabama fans are saying something's off, then they're getting as bad as Georgia fans at having unrealistic expectations. Success follow success but you've got to be realistic.

UNDERESTIMATE JUST ABOUT ANY SEC TEAM AT YOUR PERIL, ESPECIALLY ALABAMA!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The only fact to face is that Alabama (and no one else for that matter) can be a National Champion every single year. It's just too hard to put all the pieces of a contender together every year when you're constantly rotating talent in and out. Saban just happens to be amongst the best to do it. Kirby has learned and is getting good at it too.
If Alabama fans are saying something's off, then they're getting as bad as Georgia fans at having unrealistic expectations. Success follow success but you've got to be realistic.

It's not the talent on the field that is the issue. It's all the coaches that have worked for Saban and learned the process and recruited away by other schools. It's hard to stay at the top when you're constantly looking for a new quality OC or DC and meanwhile you're playing against the coaches you taught.

Saban's success not just as a coach but a mentor is his downfall. Look at all the head coaches he has produced over the years. Sooner or later the students best the teacher and that's where he is now in his career.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
It's not the talent on the field that is the issue. It's all the coaches that have worked for Saban and learned the process and recruited away by other schools. It's hard to stay at the top when you're constantly looking for a new quality OC or DC and meanwhile you're playing against the coaches you taught.

Saban's success not just as a coach but a mentor is his downfall. Look at all the head coaches he has produced over the years. Sooner or later the students best the teacher and that's where he is now in his career.
Yes! Saban's success as the AAA league for future coaches is definitely an issue, but he just happens to be good at that too!
I wonder how long it will be before Kirby starts having the same problem year after year?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Fire saban
Nope.
Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Golding and O'brien gone though.
This season reminds me a lot of 2010. That year we had an insane amount of talent return( Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, etc) after a BCSNC yet they lost 3 games.
I don't believe this years players are as talented or haven't been coached up to potentials as projected. Our pass rush has been non-existent for the most part, our pass defense is atrocious( see Tennessee game), and lack of focus and stupid penalties kept opponents in contention till the final seconds.
It's just a very un-Bama-like year.
I guess the moral victory is we don't have to look forward to getting curb stomped by the Dawgs in the SECCG.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
@The Original Rooster Bama fans are kind of entitled in a way to think they could win a Natty every year. Because that’s what Sabans done during the dynasty. So yeah until now why wouldn’t they think that way? They’ve been doing it. Go Dawgs!
Yep, and entitlement breeds laziness and even with outstanding talent, laziness breeds mediocrity. It's an easy trap to fall into.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Nope.
This season reminds me a lot of 2010. That year we had an insane amount of talent return( Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, etc) after a BCSNC yet they lost 3 games.
I don't believe this years players are as talented or haven't been coached up to potentials as projected. Our pass rush has been non-existent for the most part, our pass defense is atrocious( see Tennessee game), and lack of focus and stupid penalties kept opponents in contention till the final seconds.
I guess the moral victory is we don't have to look forward to getting curb stomped by the Dawgs in the SECCG.
2021=rebuilding , 2022= un- Bama like , I see a pattern !

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Nope.

You and I think much alike. The GOAT and 5 stars stacked deep, a Heisman QB tossing 20 balls into the ground? Those boys need to go, they can’t build anything or motivate. Saban’s mantra has been to dominate not squeak by, time for big change.