Bass Pro update! For those who are interested...

Glenn

They replaced the scope rings with the right rings this time and also bore sighted it in with my dad there to watch. My dad said he had no problem getting it done but they were still not very polite.

It will be the last gun bought at Bass Pro by the Whittington's

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Glad he didn't have too much trouble getting it fixed. Too bad they couldn't have done it right the first time.

QuakerBoy

Even though they fixed it without question...that didn't do him much good on his hunting trip :mad:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
If they were smart they would have thrown in a big gift certificate for his trouble.

That would have atleast made him come back one more time! ;)

I hate it when people in the business of capitalism don't understand how it works!

:flag:

Hunting Teacher

The problem is it's hard to get to someone who actually cares. Those yahoos behind the counter could care less if you ever come back or not. They're just putting in their eight and are gone.
I overheard one of the guys telling a customer that a 280 remington was a good gun out to about 100 yards, then it wasn't very accurate! ::huh:
Why didn't he just tell the person he knew nothing about a 280 or at least go get someone who did?
Teach

CAL

Glenn,
If they originally tightened the scope down on the barrel there is a good possibility the tube is bent or the internal adjustments are not accurate.Just thought I would mention these two items should it not hold zerro!
I would not be happy with any scope what has had this kind of treatment.I would have demanded they replace the scope as well.It isn't too late to do this.I doubt scope warranty will cover a bent tube.It didn't for me anyway.I once traded a rifle because I thought the gun wasn't accurate and the scope tube was bent.Cost a $100.00 to get repaired!

Boyd Green

I love Bass Pro

but I have just had an equally poor experience. I ordered a gun from the lady in the gun vault. She said it would be in by the end of the week. That was 3 weeks ago and still no gun. I have called back and she said it was on the way. I guess I will be buying it from somewhere else.

Wetzel

I've bought a few guns from Bass Pro in the past, the last few guns I've bought have been bought from smaller shops rather than from a retail giant like Bass Pro. I think the smaller shops appreciate the business more.

Slasher

only as a last resort

I shop only as a last resort... like I can't find it anywhere else...