Bear hunting in North Georgia

GTBHUNTIN

it is currently at my parents house because I have been moving so much, I cant wait untill I can put it in my house.

base3448

Quick question, I had some good input about judgeing bears on this 75lb issue. Does any pro staffer have any good advice on judgeing bears in the woods?????? Thanks for your help.

GTBHUNTIN

The ears on the head if they look kind big then its a small or young bear, and the belly, if the belly is tight and parrallel to the ground then its young, but if it looks like the bear has a big bean bag in the stomache all droopy and round and almost rubbing against the ground its a big ole bear, also the length.

Hey folks had a great afternoon I saw a nice bear running from a pear tree i guess it may have weight 200 lbs It was really good looking.

Last edited:

yes thats really good advice I think I shall:banana:

Marlin_444

Hey Borthers!

Hope all is well, Back from Virginia... So we're seeing some good sign!

Dana and Brian; what does the scouting report look like and where do you think we should all hook up and camp for the Hunt.

Take care, be safe and I'll see you in the woods!

Cooter

GTBHUNTIN

cooter,

hope things went well in virginia glad your back home safe and sound

Last edited:

GTBHUNTIN

Dana,

Did you see it or just sign?

Marlin_444

Thanks Dana,

I had hoped to get in the woods this weekend; seems I still have some moving to do to get out of the City (Milledgeville) and out to the country (Sparta).

Take care, be safe and we'll see yah in the woods!!!

Attachments

• fish 2.JPG
    fish 2.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 484

Marlin_444

Hey Brothers:

BirdRanger04 is acting as an extra set of eyes for us in the Mountains...

See yah in the woods!!!

I have taken two trips to swallow creek looking for sign lots of dear sign its usally lower and hog and bear is higher up.
lots of new trails and worn banks. Some scant piles.

ngabearhunter

There's your bear Cooter, let's drag mine out 1st, then we'll get yours! I have one of those 2 wheel game carts that will work great once we get him to a gated road.

Dana Young

The one yesterday was in the road about 2 miles behind the gate. so we could have took the cart ight to him or got dnr to open the gate and drove the truck right to him.

GTBHUNTIN

sounds like you guys are right in them. Any word on when we are going to get together at cooter's?

@fulldraw

toddboucher said:
Can you take bear on private land? I was told only public
yes a long as they are in season You still have to get it check out by DNR you can call your local DNR ranger and he will meet you most of the time Ihave gone to there houses befor to tag a bear.