Been Busy Making Jerky

georgiadawgs44

I borrowed my buddy’s dehydrator a couple weeks ago and have been makeing jerky the last two weeks. My daughter loves deer jerky and that’s what she wanted done with the two bucks she killed last season and this season. I just made up the marinades and have been experimenting. It’s all turned out really good so far! I did 7 trays yesterday and have another 8 in this morning. Kinda glad I’m out of meat! Lots of work slicing and trimming.

Oh yeah, the first batch was for my brother. He killed a doe the last day of the season and we sliced up the back straps. Basically I’ve been using Dale’s, soy sauce, teriyaki, Dr. Pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. What I made yesterday I wanted spicy so I added ground cayenne pepper. It’s all turned out great! The first batch I did for my brother came out a little salty so I cut the Dale’s down and used low sodium soy sauce in the following batches. And I didn’t use the Dr. Pepper in the first batch either. The batch that’s in now I used some liquid smoke. I’m excited to see how this batch taste.
1707667497959.jpeg1707667512257.jpeg1707667541418.jpeg1707667558538.jpeg1707667574355.jpeg1707667595906.jpeg

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I know you got my address. Just saying!

:cheers:

DannyW

I sometimes mix it up with jerky and make a batch unmarinated with fresh ground black pepper on top. Don't sound like much but I think you will be surprised.