Best Fishing Lures of All Time

Anvil Head

1/4oz silver Little Cleo spoon. I've caught fish on them across the USA Salmon and Trout in Alaska all the way to Snook and Tarpon in Florida. I've caught fish everywhere in between on it and yes I really caught a small tarpon on one once but have had a ton of tarpon hits on them but they don't stay hooked up long or break the line.

My favorite as well. I tend to use gold more often than silver unless the water is pretty clear. I switch out hooks to the red ones and out catch the guy (usually my brother) at the other end of the boat all the time. Gotta be the ones with the half naked hula girl on the underside for me. Everything from big browns in the trout stream to bull reds in the grass flats and anything in between. Throws good in the wind too, important on the flats a lot of times.

However, I do love topwater action and keep a dog ready to walk all the time. That or a big popper on the fly rod, but usually both.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Seems the listing is accurate. All the following comments fall into a category that made it onto the list. An argument could be made for a walking bait like a spook, but I believe a popper will work on more species than walking baits will

Anvil Head

I agree for the most part and prefer flyrod most of the time, but for jinkin up that big boy on the right days a spook is hard to beat for that blow up strike.
Not a purest by any means, will use what's at hand to get the job done short of dynamite.

ryork

Just for me and my experience where I predominantly fish, a blue flash savage worm and a 1/4 oz rat-l-trap would qualify as “best”... of course I’m getting old.

JWF III

I’ve caught more bass on a black and silver Rebel minnow. Varied in size and bill shape, but always un-jointed. There is not a fish in the world worth catching that won’t hit one.

Wyman

CaptKeith

Your list is great Jeremiah! I’ve fished for over 50 years, in various parts of the world, spending decades as a professional saltwater fishing captain, and these lures work!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I caught a lot of bass back in the day on a Snagless Sally with a black and yellow skirt. A pile of jack too.

Bigtimber

Floating rapala is a fine lure.....but Im gaining a lot of confidence in a whopper plopper in the last few years.

TomC

Bass (black blue flake or watermelon seed Senko Texas rigged weightless on a Gamakatsu 3/0 EWG) once you learn how to fish a Senko the right way and NOT like a traditional plastic worm nothing compares!!! Trout (dry dropper bead head flashback pheasant tail hanging off a parachute Adams), Bream (loaf bread)

charlie81

My all around favorite lure is a Shad rap... no5 and no7 crawdad, black/silver or chartreuse depending on time of year and water clarity.

BassMan31

My favorite:
Zoom trick work in seedless watermelon.
Mepps aglia (red hook, though I usually replace with a feathered treble)
5" SS bull shad
Zara Spook in classic frog.

Ben1100Mag

1/2 ounce white Bucktail jig with a White or chartreuse curly tail.

Wifeshusband

If you're talkin' bass, and grew up on Lake Eufaula and the upper hooche you'd be horse-whipped and thrown overboard by old timers if you said anything else but Mann's jelly worms (all sizes). No tellin' how many people won first prize for the largest bass with them on "Sportsmen Lodge," (local television show out of Columbus). Ironically, one of the prizes you won were packets of Mann's Jelly Worms.

Fletch_W

Banned
Notably, BB Boom didn't make the list. Maybe that was before JIB's time here. Anyone got a video link to youtube to educate him?