Going to lake Blue ridge tomorrow

Lindseys Grandpa

HOT! We got to dry branch ramp about 8:30ish. It was a glass top setting that portraits would be made of! Man was it gorgeous! We dropped the trolling motor and fished our way out of the backwaters and then worked our way down(or up) the Taccoa, fishing along the way. We went up river til it was about 10’ deep in the middle and then we started to see the jet skis and wake boats…….that didn’t take long! We worked our way to the other end of the lake, doing the same, just fishing coves and swing banks. We fished the dam area for a while and then to a “party cove” close by and enjoyed a long dip in pristine 85° water!
It was about 2pm when we started back to the ramp. It was obviously a rough ride for my 17’ Procraft fish and ski, but honestly, it really wasn’t that bad for a 100° summer Saturday! I’ve certainly seen worst on the toona!
She had one bangsmack on a plopper(1st time on topwater) and I think I had a blue gill nibble on my jig. Those were the only bites we got all day. My fish finder only has sonar so we used our phones for navigation……..that was fun!
Other than no caught fish, it was a perfect day to spend with my everything! She’s been on me to get a sideview fish finder ever since I planted that seed in her ear a few years ago…….I played it well and waited long enough. Can’t wait to get back there this winter when the fishing is easier!
It's a tough lake to fish but the views make it worthwhile. I have fished it several times , twice with Guide Eric Crowley who is very knowledgeable about lake . Have caught a few bass , several cats including a 25 pounder.

flconch53

On a side note, my nervousness came to fruition as my check engine light came on shortly after getting on 575. I was ready to blaze as usual but doing 80mph with a loaded boat wasn’t making my ‘08 ridgeline(with 295k on it)very happy. My check engine light started blinking! I was pulling over on the sixes exit and as soon as I slowed down, it stopped and we kept cruising. I dropped down to 70-73 and the trip went smoothly. No issues there and back. Now I understand why my best friend monitors his tranny temp and drives slower when his boat is in tow……pretty sure that’s what it was! Can’t wait to go back and maybe fish a few other lakes when I get some decent elecronics.
Now you know why alot of trailer manufacturers reccomend 65 MPH when towing

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Now you know why alot of trailer manufacturers reccomend 65 MPH when towing
Honestly I’d never heard that, but I sure get it! The trailer hubs were barely even warm and I have new tires on both sides so I have no problems going this far again…….I do hate to drive slow though!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
A lot of trailer tires are not rated for over 60-65 mph . I found that out hard way .

I think that is the rule rather than the exception.
I had to hunt extra and pay extra for some 75mph rated goodyears...
That's only for 1 of the five tows i have...

Rabun

I got educated on tire rating after my first ever trailer blowout last june…hope it’s the last ”m’s” all the way around on mine

IMG_6549.png

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I got educated on tire rating after my first ever trailer blowout last june…hope it’s the last ”m’s” all the way around on mine

View attachment 1251379
Gonna have to look again at mine, not sure what they are. Thanks for the chart! I am amazed at how many folks are repairing their trailer tires, bearings and what not at my store. It took a while, but in my later years I’ve started buying better tires for everything.