Best OTC Ointment

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Or OTC medicine for aching knees.
What have y'all found that works best?
My left knee bothers me at night - aching. Sometimes it wakes me.
Mainly when it's stretched out. Bending or drawing it up some seems to help ease it.
Like I said, mainly my left, but both knees ache sometimes & both get stiff.

I know, getting old........

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Voltarin, I’m older. :bounce:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Mainly when it's stretched out. Bending or drawing it up some seems to help ease it.

Voltaren is O.K... at least the best I've found without a script. Had some Lidocaine that actually let me walk normal.. once..

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Voltaren is O.K... at least the best I've found without a script. Had some Lidocaine that actually let me walk normal.. once..
H22's knees are shot. Voltaren and aspercreme with lidocain and a knee brace helps a little.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Salonpas patches work great for my aching old hand.
I cut the big ones in half and sandwich my knee in there and rap a ace bandage on it to keep to sticky from coming off.
Works pretty well...
I'll also use voltarin type gels.

shdw633

I have bone on bone knee problems so bad that the shin is litterly sliding off the joint to the point I am bowlegged. I have tried everything including prescription meds to no avail and then I found +1 Herolab Hemp Extract + Emu oil and it has been the best thing for my knees that I have found. It's a little pricey but you don't have to use that much in order to get the job done.

Look at the reviews, you won't find one less than a 3, which is nearly unheard of with Amazon, and there are several that are several years old.

Hillbilly stalker

My buddy has real bad knees from working in the mines.They ache him something terrible. He started taking magnesium supplements and it’s made a world of difference. He can squat down on his heels like a 25 year old and don’t sound like a bowl of rice crispy standing back up. Their cheap and all natural. He went and lost about 40 lbs. and that helped a right smart too.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Absorbine Jr Horse Liniment works pretty good for me.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Applied the Voltaren last night before I went to bed.
Didn't bother me during the night or this morning, so far.
I'm surprised it worked that quickly. The packaging said it could take up to 7 days to work, IIRC.

bany

All good things here, don’t forget about ice.

divinginn

I use Glucosimine,it helps keep all my joint issues at bay.
If forget to take them for a few days the pain coming back is a reminder.

Latest posts