Best OTC Ointment

Dub

Voltarin, I’m older. :bounce:

I haven't tried the cream......yet.

I am on it as a prescription pill...twice per day.

It sure helps, but is lacking. The cream may help without and is appealing that it doesn't add any more load to the digestive tract and targets the relief area.

Thanks for the reminder. Going to pick up some today. (y) (y) (y)

Knees are hurting me 24/7, way overdue for replacements. I get around and get my job done.

Where I really pay the price is when trying to sleep....constantly waking up due to the pain. A dose of the cream may help me sleep better and be more productive on my days off vs slumping around and not getting fun stuff done.

Thanks for asking posting this topic @4HAND

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
@4HAND look for a pharmacy (or whole foods, or similar) that sells homeopathics, and find some Rhus Tox. Not an ointment....small pills you put under your tongue and let dissolve a couple times a day. It's (believe it or not) a poison ivy extract. I used in for sore knees a few years back and my soreness was completely gone in about a month, never to return.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Or OTC medicine for aching knees.
What have y'all found that works best?
My left knee bothers me at night - aching. Sometimes it wakes me.
Mainly when it's stretched out. Bending or drawing it up some seems to help ease it.
Like I said, mainly my left, but both knees ache sometimes & both get stiff.

I know, getting old........
I found that mine felt much better when I was much younger. :)

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
@4HAND, you ain't going to like to hear this but it's a hard lesson that you already know and that I'm learning as well.
Lose 15-20 pounds and those knees will hurt a lot less.

I need to practice what I'm preaching! :LOL:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I found that mine felt much better when I was much younger. :)
And lighter! :LOL:
To be more on topic, the Icy Hot roll on works for me and I also use the extra strength Tiger Balm on occasion. Both work, but exercise (walking) is the best pain reliever for me long term.

Last edited:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Yes sir! Working on it brother. I've lost about 13lbs since Jan 8th.
You know, it's hard to believe until you experience it, but I'm in a lot less pain at 265 than I was at 295. My goal is 215-220. I never realized how much pain the extra weight was causing me all hours of the day, even trying to sleep.
It doesn't pay to be 6 foot and over and large framed. Weight loss and moderate exercise really make a big difference in pain.

Oldstick

My wife is suffering from the bone on bone pain in her knee. I don't think there is anything that will help that short of a knee replacement or some type of insertion surgery to replace the missing cartilage that provides cushion between the bones.

They say she needs knee replacement but they aren't going to dare attempt that for at least 6 months or more after they are certain the metal plates and screws to repair a fractured femur right above the knee joint have all healed up fully. Meantime she is just easing around with walkers and wheelchairs to avoid as much pain as possible.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
@4HAND, you ain't going to like to hear this but it's a hard lesson that you already know and that I'm learning as well.
Lose 15-20 pounds and those knees will hurt a lot less.

I need to practice what I'm preaching! :LOL:

Yes sir! Working on it brother. I've lost about 13lbs since Jan 8th.

You know, it's hard to believe until you experience it, but I'm in a lot less pain at 265 than I was at 295. My goal is 215-220. I never realized how much pain the extra weight was causing me all hours of the day, even trying to sleep.
It doesn't pay to be 6 foot and over and large framed. Weight loss and moderate exercise really make a big difference in pain.
Weighed this morning & I've lost 15.1 lbs. :banana: :banana:

transfixer

Weighed this morning & I've lost 15.1 lbs. :banana: :banana:

I was over 300lbs a little over 4yrs ago, changed my eating habits the latter part of 2019 if I remember right, within a year I lost a little over 80lbs, my knees thanked me a lot, started back on TRT around 2021 which helped me gain back some muscle tone, changed to a different TRT clinic a little over a year ago, I now weigh 240 give or take a few lbs either way depending , my knees seldom bother me, getting muscle tone and strength back helps a good bit I believe

The Voltaren (Diclofenac cream) has always seemed to work for me for 2-3hrs, if I'm walking a lot, after that I need to re-apply it

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I know several folks that are doing rapid weight loss with a shot.
Our mechanic has lost twice what I have using that.
I'm just leary of new medicine.

transfixer

I know several folks that are doing rapid weight loss with a shot.
Our mechanic has lost twice what I have using that.
I'm just leary of new medicine.

I've seen some people who have used that shot, they've not only lost weight but lost a tremendous amount of muscle, to me they look sickly , and the drawback is when they quit the shot they WILL gain most if not all of the weight back, and there are various side effects to it as well, there are NO shortcuts ,, you have to change your eating habits, its really not that difficult, its just a mental thing, start reading ingredient labels, cut out anything with added sugars, cut out white bread, starch type foods, eat more meat, chicken/lean beef, fish, if I buy a burger I eat the patty/lettuce/tomatoes, etc, and throw the bread away

Latest posts