Big Bobcat

specialk

Predator calls or traps....there is a season on them, unlike yotes ..

sleepr71

The season starts Dec 1st. I let them + Red Foxes go…but remove EVERY Coyote I possibly can. A Coyote is just on a whole different level, when it comes to being a nuisance, and a predator of domestic pets, livestock, anything it can catch.. even other predators, to kill + eat them.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
If it’s in an area you can trap I’d say that’s the best way to get him . I do a little trapping myself and release everyone I catch . They are just some cool predators that I really enjoy seeing, and I think they do more good than bad but I bet they do work on some quail . Good luck getting rid of it , they aren’t hard to catch .

furtaker

The season starts Dec 1st. I let them + Red Foxes go…but remove EVERY Coyote I possibly can. A Coyote is just on a whole different level, when it comes to being a nuisance, and a predator of domestic pets, livestock, anything it can catch.. even other predators, to kill + eat them.
I let cats and foxes go as well. Bobcats are one of the coolest creatures in the woods to me and I like foxes as well, particularly red foxes, and there isn't too many left in these parts that I can tell. Coyotes are the dominant predator and they have pushed foxes out in many areas.

sportsman94

I let cats and foxes go as well. Bobcats are one of the coolest creatures in the woods to me and I like foxes as well, particularly red foxes, and there isn't too many left in these parts that I can tell. Coyotes are the dominant predator and they have pushed foxes out in many areas.
Anecdotally, we are seeing an uptick in red populations around me. When I first started trapping here I almost never caught them. Then a few years I would catch one or two. Last year I caught more than a handful. Caught a pup red fox (in a section I have never caught or seen one) today so I know at least one litter was fairly successful in this area. Keep up the good fight and maybe we’ll see a little rebound in the reds

furtaker

Anecdotally, we are seeing an uptick in red populations around me. When I first started trapping here I almost never caught them. Then a few years I would catch one or two. Last year I caught more than a handful. Caught a pup red fox (in a section I have never caught or seen one) today so I know at least one litter was fairly successful in this area. Keep up the good fight and maybe we’ll see a little rebound in the reds
It seems like it goes in cycles. I haven't caught a fox in several years. And then I might have a year where I catch several. I had a trail camera picture of a grey many months back but I haven't seen any sign of one since.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Just don’t want it to snack on fawns, turkeys, and quails.
It will also snack on a lot more of other things that snack harder on turkeys and quails. Bobcats, deer, turkeys, and quail have been living here together for many thousands of years.