Bobcat's Bird Breakfast

NateP

This off-season we have had an abundance of coyote/bobcat photos but the one from yesterday morning takes the cake. I'd say this one got a pretty good breakfast. We all know that bobcats and coyotes can destroy a turkey population but this just goes to show that it doesn't matter the size of the bird...

Attachments

• IMG_4469.JPG
    IMG_4469.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 448

specialk

happens everyday....

Worlldbeater

Cool pic. I have yotes,bobcats and neighbors dogs on our property and they have not destroyed our turkey or deer population. As Nic said it’s just the way nature works. Only the strong survive. Thanks for sharing

NateP

I thought it was a Hog at first..? If that’s a Turkey,it weighs as much as the Bobcat
That was my first thought too. The forum nuked the quality of the picture but on my phone the HD photo is clear that it's dragging it by the neck. He was back again last night and this morning but empty handed each time. This same spot had a grey fox catch a rabbit around Christmas which was a cool photo (although blurry).

Attachments

• IMG_3913.JPG
    IMG_3913.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 83

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
We are told predation isn't having that much impact on turkey production. I remain an unbeliever in such nostrums.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
It impacts it no doubt but I don't see how it impacts it more now than it did a few thousand years ago.

The Eastern coyote is a non native species. :wink:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
This off-season we have had an abundance of coyote/bobcat photos but the one from yesterday morning takes the cake. I'd say this one got a pretty good breakfast. We all know that bobcats and coyotes can destroy a turkey population but this just goes to show that it doesn't matter the size of the bird...
Bobcats and turkeys been living together here for tens of thousands of years. They ain't gonna "destroy the population." Cool pic!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The Eastern coyote is a non native species. :wink:
In part, not all. The eastern coyote isn't a coyote. It's a hybrid canid that is filling pretty much the exact same niche that was left when the native red wolves and Florida black wolves were extirpated. And it carries genes from both.

furtaker

In part, not all. The eastern coyote isn't a coyote. It's a hybrid canid that is filling pretty much the exact same niche that was left when the native red wolves and Florida black wolves were extirpated.
And on top of that, it's a bobcat in the picture.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Cool pic! And for all we know, the turkey may have been seriously injured.

whitter

BANNED
I have enlarged the photo and looked and looked again and I think that it is a domestic dog and not a bob cat with the creature pinned.

Big7

The Oracle
Dang. He got that big bird.
I never thought about them getting grown birds.

We know they are hard on poults but dang.

I alway shoot Coyotes and let the Bobcats walk but I might have to start shooting them knowing this.

I always thought of them as beautiful animals and not many in numbers. dang.