Bobcat's Bird Breakfast

whitter

BANNED
Dang. He got that big bird.
I never thought about them getting grown birds.

We know they are hard on poults but dang.

I alway shoot Coyotes and let the Bobcats walk but I might have to start shooting them knowing this.

I always thought of them as beautiful animals and not many in numbers. dang.
What if it is not a bob cat and it is really a big dog that has the turkey down.????

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I have enlarged the photo and looked and looked again and I think that it is a domestic dog and not a bob cat with the creature pinned.
My first thought was that looks like a brindle colored cur. I’ve gone back to look at it several times and can’t verify either a cur dog or a bobcat by the photo

rosewood

That is a strange color for bobcat. The tail looks short enough, but beyond that, it does favor a canine more so.

That may be the elusive chupacabra!

Rosewood

pjciii

I don't think that turkey went down without a fight. That Bobcat looks like it was rolling around in the mud

DynamicDennis

Bobcats and turkeys been living together here for tens of thousands of years. They ain't gonna "destroy the population." Cool pic!
My thoughts exactly, why I didn't shot the several I saw this deer season. Part of a healthy, natural ecosystem. People, hogs, and coyotes are much more of the problem. People being the largest.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
This off-season we have had an abundance of coyote/bobcat photos but the one from yesterday morning takes the cake. I'd say this one got a pretty good breakfast. We all know that bobcats and coyotes can destroy a turkey population but this just goes to show that it doesn't matter the size of the bird...
I think it looks like a dog that has something I ain’t sure of. @NateP can you post the phot again full-size instead of a thumbnail? I can’t zoom much on my iPad without losing focus

DynamicDennis

It is most definitely a bobcat with a turkey. This camera has high (daily) bobcat and turkey activity. The ears are small and pointed, stubby tail, and we have no hogs on this property.
No hogs, do you want some??????

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
They get a share of the fawns too, and yearlings sometimes. Bobcats work in pairs sometimes. I've watched them.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Looks like he's got a young emu as long as the neck is.

Definitely a bobcat.

Latest posts