Big cook coming up on Saturday

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Well,, I don't know that I'll get paid at all. My motivations are two-fold. One- it will reduce (or wipe clean ) the dues my wife pays to the Temple,,,,, and two- they have a very nice commercial, DHEC approved kitchen that I would like to have access to (at no charge ) so that I can legally do some catering a few time a year. I mentioned it to one of the board members this weekend and he seemed open minded about that. My wife's school approached me last year about catering an annual end of the year faculty dinner, but I had to turn it down for legal and insurance liability reasons. I'm slowly beginning to put all those pieces into place.

Cooking large scale like that is a huge challenge. I think you're good enough at it and you're on the right track to make it a success. We had the same outfit cater our son's wedding last year that did our daughter's wedding 5 years ago. She was just getting started back then and she was good. She's got it down to a science now. It takes a lot of practice and it's one of those things you just have to learn by doing and making mistakes.

Lindseys Grandpa

Well,, I don't know that I'll get paid at all. My motivations are two-fold. One- it will reduce (or wipe clean ) the dues my wife pays to the Temple,,,,, and two- they have a very nice commercial, DHEC approved kitchen that I would like to have access to (at no charge ) so that I can legally do some catering a few time a year. I mentioned it to one of the board members this weekend and he seemed open minded about that. My wife's school approached me last year about catering an annual end of the year faculty dinner, but I had to turn it down for legal and insurance liability reasons. I'm slowly beginning to put all those pieces into place.
Having access to that kitchen is near to priceless if you serious about catering.

Latest posts