Big Dog tree stands

GregoryB.

Anyone know anything about these tree stands ? Saw the Big Dog Setter model for $60 and it looks like it is roomy with a comfy seat. Would like to replace a couple of my smaller stands for bow hunting. Not interested in other stands I already have those. Just thought this would be a decent option that would not make me cry it it gets relocated by someone.DD3B80BF-BA77-41D8-8E59-D0F25C086A46.jpeg

uturn

I don’t know how you could go wrong for $60!

Think I have 2 of them hanging myself!!

lungbuster123

The one thing I'll caution you on with these or any other cheaper hangon for that matter is the cable connections. Probably 10 years ago or so I had both sides snap on mine while hanging a set. They just wear over time and the unprotected section rust really bad. I would replace them with chains after the first season.

GregoryB.

The one thing I'll caution you on with these or any other cheaper hangon for that matter is the cable connections. Probably 10 years ago or so I had both sides snap on mine while hanging a set. They just wear over time and the unprotected section rust really bad. I would replace them with chains after the first season.
Thanks for the heads up. Will definitely keep a eye on the cables.

Hillbilly stalker

I quit using loc On‘s several years ago. But any I used I always replaced those cheap, UV sensitive straps with chains. Squirrels and weather do not bother chains. Next time your on the interstate, notice how many busted ratchet straps you see laying on the burm.

Jim Boyd

For me, stands are not an area to save money.

I am afraid of locks on now but my new ladders are Milleniums.

Good luck.