Biggest Snake I Have Ever Seen

LTZ25

If you could have took him alive he would have brought good money . But I'm not blaming you for killing it , that snake was dangerous.

humdandy

Banned
Because we all know that our kids listen and do exactly what we as parents teach them. If only it were that easy. I for one am not that naive.

Ok, don't teach them.

Because your kids don't listen to you done not mean mine don't listen to me. Mine have been around all snakes and know exactly what to look for, they have since a young age.

But, by all means.....kill them all if that helps you sleep better at night.

You have a better chance of getting killed by a shark bite, and spider bite.......lets add them to the list of things to kill.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
You have a better chance of getting killed by a shark bite, and spider bite.......lets add them to the list of things to kill.

Don't get hung up on the fatalities.

You don't have to die to still have a miserable, painful, costly, and possibly crippling experience.

CDC estimates 7000-8000 snakebites per year. Ask board member GAdestroyer how his rattlesnake bite went. He ain't dead, but I bet he'd go out of his way to save anyone else from experiencing the same thing.

I'll do anything I can to save my children from that. And that includes killing venomous snakes in my yard.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Don't get hung up on the fatalities.

You don't have to die to still have a miserable, painful, costly, and possibly crippling experience.

CDC estimates 7000-8000 snakebites per year. Ask board member GAdestroyer how his rattlesnake bite went. He ain't dead, but I bet he'd go out of his way to save anyone else from experiencing the same thing.

I'll do anything I can to save my children from that. And that includes killing venomous snakes in my yard.
Not doubting you, but surely GaDestroyer posted a thread about this incident when it happened. Can you grab a link to it?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Come on man........... did your search skills deteriorate during your sabbatical :D

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=713761&highlight=gadestroyer+snake

Management 101, delegate responsibilities whenever possible. Thanks for following up though. ;)

Now I remember this story. Stomping a snake with a tennis shoe.

Two mistakes; #1 Stomping a snake. WHY?
#2 with a tennis shoe? No further comment needed, and thus the post prior to mine where the fella was attempting to discredit statistics of bites is in and of itself discredited.

Don't like to see anyone go through this kind of pain, but if you stand between the rails of a railroad track throwing rocks at the approaching train, you have to have some reasonable expectation as to what the outcome will be.

OR

Actions have consequences. Stupid actions have stupid consequences.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I'm not debating the intelligence of stomping a venomous snake.

I'm pointing out to every one that throws out statistics saying you're more likely to die from lightning or sharks or spiders or bees than you are snakes.

That may be true, but there are thousands of people each year that get snake bitten that suffer through an ordeal that I'm going to try to protect my children from.

There probably aren't that many people that die from getting into a hornet nest, but I'm going to burn every one I find on my property to keep my family from experiencing the pain associated with hornets.

apoint

I was in Horseshoe Fla last week and there was one stretched almost all the way across my lane. Had to be 7 ft. It was night time in the swamps and I was not about to get out of the truck.