Bill Nye to debate creationist

drippin' rock

Why does he have to look like a loony tune? Like the dude from Ancient Aliens. Don't they realize credibility is directly related to appearance??

Four

He needs to argue with a theistic evolutionist like myself.

The Theistic Evolutionist aren't apart of the problem as seen by scientists... People like bill nye, and neal degrass tyson, etc are trying to combat ideas like the young earth.

Theistic Evolutionists just put "God" prior to the beginning of evolution, and for the most part agree with the science.

WaltL1

The Theistic Evolutionist aren't apart of the problem as seen by scientists... People like bill nye, and neal degrass tyson, etc are trying to combat ideas like the young earth.

Theistic Evolutionists just put "God" prior to the beginning of evolution, and for the most part agree with the science.
Theistic Evolutionist aren't apart of the problem as seen by scientists..
Maybe not by scientists but these folks seem a little perturbed -
Theistic evolution is a contradictory system of belief where one attempts to believe in God and at the same time attempts to believe in atheistic evolution. This is a vain attempt to try to straddle the fence. Theistic evolution is an attempt to have the long ages necessary to accommodate atheistic evolution to take place while at the same time allowing God to "mysteriously" extend His creation over 4.6 billion years. God told Moses in Exodus 20:11, "For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them." The creation took place in six literal days because God said so. Theistic evolution is a compromise of God’s word and basically infers that God lied about what He claimed to have done.
http://www.netbiblestudy.net/bulletin/new_page_26.htm

Artfuldodger

Atheist evolution, is that like the atheist explanation of a rainbow or the atheist explanation that we don't actually love people with our heart? The atheist explanation that the earth is round?

Artfuldodger

Psalm 139:14
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous--how well I know it.

Does the atheist explanation of DNA go against God making me complex by his own workmanship?
I could list a couple 100 more atheist explanations but, I've made my point, and back to the OP.

warmouth

What is athiesm really? I mean, I understand agnostics because they say there may be a god, but there isnt enough evidence either way fir them to believe. But an athiest seems to say there is absolutley no god. It that correct. Serious question.

WaltL1

Atheist evolution, is that like the atheist explanation of a rainbow or the atheist explanation that we don't actually love people with our heart? The atheist explanation that the earth is round?
Since there is no such thing as "atheist evolution" it is used to scare you or shame you so that you don't even let yourself think about evolution. Basically its used to control.

Terminal Idiot

Yes, an athiest would say there is no god.

An athiest would say that there is no proof of god.

A believer would say there is plenty of proof in god and that proof is the bible.

An athiest would say that the bible is too full of general weirdness to be believed as a non-fiction book and that a lot of it is a bit hard to be taken seriously. An athiest might post questions about the bible on a forum such as this and never get any good answers, other than references back to the book that is of questionable integrity to begin with.

A believer would say, "yeah, but we have the bible. And it is the word of god". But some other believers would say that "it isn't meant to be literal". But then some other believers would say "of course it is, god says so, just read the book". But other believers would say, "no - your Jesus isn't god - or even the son of god - our god is the real god and our sacred book proves it".

Four

Psalm 139:14
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous--how well I know it.

Does the atheist explanation of DNA go against God making me complex by his own workmanship?
I could list a couple 100 more atheist explanations but, I've made my point, and back to the OP.

I genuinely don't get what the point you were trying to make is, especially with the whole atheist evolution bit.

Four

What is athiesm really? I mean, I understand agnostics because they say there may be a god, but there isnt enough evidence either way fir them to believe. But an athiest seems to say there is absolutley no god. It that correct. Serious question.

agnostic-diagram11.png

Artfuldodger

I genuinely don't get what the point you were trying to make is, especially with the whole atheist evolution bit.

It was a bit off topic but started with Panfried's suggestion to debate with a theistic evolutionist.

Walt summed up my feelings with:
Since there is no such thing as "atheist evolution" it is used to scare you or shame you so that you don't even let yourself think about evolution. Basically its used to control.

Basically most Christians are associating evolution as being an atheist only belief. That isn't true and I would be fine with that if they didn't use science to explain God making my body wonderfully complex or explaining a rainbow with science. What's the difference? Either God uses science or he doesn't.

Four

It was a bit off topic but started with Panfried's suggestion to debate with a theistic evolutionist.

Basically most Christians are associating evolution as being an atheist only belief. That isn't true and I would be fine with that if they didn't use science to explain God making my body wonderfully complex or explaining a rainbow with science. What's the difference? Either God uses science or he doesn't.

Ahh that is a problem many people wont even look into it because they think evolution is equivalent to atheism, like you said. Whereas, really the theory doesn't make any claims to a god or lack there of.

panfried0419

Sorry

TripleXBullies

I see a big issue with Ken's argument. He included hyenas with dogs... Hyenas aren't dogs. They are rodents more like weasels. His credibility is gone...

Jk... still watching... I actually agree with a lot of what Ken is saying about observational science.

WaltL1

Ahh that is a problem many people wont even look into it because they think evolution is equivalent to atheism, like you said. Whereas, really the theory doesn't make any claims to a god or lack there of.
Whereas, really the theory doesn't make any claims to a god or lack there of.
BINGO!
That is something that many Christians can not or will not understand. That's why this type of ridiculous phrase exists -
"atheist evolution"