Black micarta with camel bone.

bbs383ci

Got it finished today. 1095 with differential heat treat to show hamon. This one is for me lol. It is also the first time I have done multi material handles and it was a pain doin the fiber spacers I actually messed them up a little I didn't push them down all the way and there is an epoxy gap so I put it on bottom. Lol. Now to wrap it in leather. Let me know what y'all think and what I could have done different.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 567

bbs383ci

Another

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 549

bbs383ci

Top side

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 555

bbs383ci

Bottom side. You can see where I messed up on the left side oh well live and learn.

bbs383ci

Oops here it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 549

John I. Shore

Good one Grasshopper, you may put your name on this one.

John I.

bbs383ci

Thank you sir and yes I totally forgot about putting my stamp on it lol.

Razor Blade

Yes sir , that's a good looking one there. Nice work sir. Scott

Shug

Great looking knife sir

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Very nice looking knife - I really like the color combinations...

georgiaboy

Man you out did yourself. I like the color contrast and the spacer really sets it off well. The blem is just character in my opinion.

That hamon is really cool. I've got to do my first one with a bolster soon. It's one of those things that is a simple concept until I try to plan it in my head to make it all fit.

bbs383ci

Thank you.

The bolsters, unless they are metal aren't really that hard I will say you need a table top disc sander, just make sure everything is square when you sand the ends of the materials epoxy everything together wait a day to cure then do like you do on any oter handle material just pay closer attention to make sure they line up correctly.

Latest posts