Blaze Orange question

P&Y FINALY

Lets Just Go Archery Only Statewide And The Problem Is Solved! I Know, I Know. All Yall Wanna Shoot Me Bout Right Now For Even Suggesting It.

Handgunner

I'm thinking 500in. is 500in. Broken up or not.

Pretty much like $1000 is $1000. Even if paid over a month by $250 a week. :bounce:

SnowHunter

I'm thinking 500in. is 500in. Broken up or not.

Pretty much like $1000 is $1000. Even if paid over a month by $250 a week. :bounce:

still though....it could be open to interpretation by anyone...which could lead to problems....and I'd rather avoid anything like that my first season out!! ;)

Count Down

I just talked to Colonel West..He stated that his rangers would not be writing tickets for the Vest broken by black camo, nor the jacket. He believes that most of those vests and jackets are in accordance with the 500 inch rule. If there is any doubt in the hunters mind, from a safety perspective, then they could wear the orange cap.:smash:

SnowHunter

I just talked to Colonel West..He stated that his rangers would not be writing tickets for the Vest broken by black camo, nor the jacket. He believes that most of those vests and jackets are in accordance with the 500 inch rule. If there is any doubt in the hunters mind, from a safety perspective, then they could wear the orange cap.:smash:

Thank You! Alright that helps me out. Now I know what I can get when I go buy my orange stuff!! :cheers: :flag:

kcausey

Banned
it would state "unbroken" otherwise. in states that require unbroken orange it state's so......you'll be ok with a blaze orange camo as long as it's 500 square inches above the waist

Jim Baker

Staff member
500 sq inches aint that much...So I would think an Orange jacket/broken with black, as I have seen would be pretty close...And considering those little mesh vest always get twisted and rolled under, then you'd be better off with the jacket..

For the most part Scent and Movement are far more important to remaining undetected. Deer will look at you and if the detect no scent and see no movement they eventually relax ( as much as a deer ever relaxes). Sound will draw their attention but not neccessarily spook them off.

Camo is over rated, if you control the scent and movement
the orange vest is going to have little effect. I have walk to my tripod in jeans and flannel shirt, find deer in the plot, cautiously climb the ladder and they never leave. But I was upwind everytime. Which is another item to be discussed about food plots and stands.

Handgunner

Exactly what I said.....

::gone:

:rofl:

contender*

I can see where your coming from but the $1000 is $1000 even if it is $250 at a time is the correct answer. The orange must equal 500 inches. The other colors on the vest/jacket don't count only the orange. In other words if you have 450 sq inches of orange and the rest of the breakup colors equal 50 sq inches then your not legal. That's how I read it.

Count Down

For the most part Scent and Movement are far more important to remaining undetected. Deer will look at you and if the detect no scent and see no movement they eventually relax ( as much as a deer ever relaxes). Sound will draw their attention but not neccessarily spook them off.

Camo is over rated, if you control the scent and movement
the orange vest is going to have little effect. I have walk to my tripod in jeans and flannel shirt, find deer in the plot, cautiously climb the ladder and they never leave. But I was upwind everytime. Which is another item to be discussed about food plots and stands.

your right, but I don't think her concern was so much about camo as much as having a "cool" looking stylish orange vest....:bounce:

Handgunner

HG, I missed your post..sorry about that..Or else I would have just "read HG's Post"...:bounce:

I would have waited for your comment but I didn't realize your were paying attention...:biggrin2:
:rofl: :rofl:

SnowHunter

this is me stylin..:bounce:
IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

boy I'm very fashionable arent I? :bounce::bounce: :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Jim Ammons

Her1911

This is legal. Wear a camo orange cap as I do at times if you want additional orange above the waist.

Last edited:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Blaze orange

I wear it, but think deer see it as white or light gray.

Just call me lucky, I hunted a bunch of years before they passed the orange law. Never got shot at in the woods while deer or turkey hunting.