Blue eyed blonde hair American Native tribes

I can see this being an area where one big find could change our understanding of history. As far as the Clovis points, I thought one of the major tool catches was found with remains of a baby that had been DNA tested.... (quote from article about find)

"The most obvious conclusion from the study is that the Clovis people who lived on the Anzick site in Montana were genetically very much like Native Americans throughout the Western Hemisphere.

"The Anzick family is directly ancestral to so many peoples in the Americas," says Eske Willerslev, from the University of Copenhagen. "That's astonishing!"

Artfuldodger

I do see where there were possible pre-Clovis Chopper tools found in places like the Topper site in South Carolina and the Buttermilk Creek site in Texas thus fueling the pre-Clovis dispute.

Artfuldodger

Giant mound builders of the Okefenokee?

From the link, perhaps not the best source. lol

Tom Chesser, who owned Chesser Island in Charlton County, had a sizable mound in his backyard. In 1969 he told the Atlanta Journal and Constitution Magazine that a professor from a northern university hired him to excavate the mound in the 1920s. They discovered thirteen skeletons in all.

“Some of the skeletons were crossed,” Chesser said, “one on top of the other. Some were face down. All of them were perfect when they were first discovered. Teeth even still had some glaze on them, but when air struck, it crumbled them. They were giants. Those Jawbones would go over my whole face.”

http://www.okefenokee.com/okefenokee_lure-legends/

They were apparently a race of giants because skeletons excavated from swamp hammocks show many of the males were over seven feet tall. And pottery, tools, weapons and other artifacts reveal that the Mound Builders were advanced civilization beyond contemporary tribes living in the South .

http://greaterancestors.com/waycross-race-of-giants/

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Read some of George Catlin's thoughts on the origin of the Mandan Indians, many of whom were red-haired and blue-eyed.