Bow fell out of tree

Luv2Bowhnt

Just dropped my brand new Elite about 20ft out of tree. Dropped my fanny pack when I climbed up so went back down to get it and left bow on hanger. Was climbing back up (in climber) and my head hit bottom cam and knocked it off hanger. Looked like slow motion. Climbed back down and inspected it. Everything appears solid and tight. Any of you ever had this happen and was it okay? Thanks!

ddd-shooter

Had mine fall early one morning. Ended up hunting anyway.
Found a small nick in bottom limb. Bow was fine otherwise. Came home and shot and everything was dead on.

Make sure you check your cams and limbs with a cotton ball as that will show splinters or nicks more easily.
Check your sight for level and plum and shoot it to be sure you're still on.

BowChilling

My son knocked his out one time from about 25 feet. His was fine but it all depends on how it lands. Sorry that happened to you man!

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Dropped mine one time a few years back in Illinois. Was climbing down from a lock on and tied my pull up rope to the wheel just like 100 times before. Bout the time I turned loose of the bow and all the weight was on the rope-- presto the knot went away. its amazing to me how many cuss words a man can say before his bow can fall 30' to the ground. It was no worse for the wear but I now have a caribiner that snaps on the wheel.

Derek Snider

It's happened too me as well. Matter of fact, if it can go wrong with hunting, I've concluded that it has probably happened too me. Well not everything, because I am still alive and typing this. I've dropped my bow on more than 1 occasion and have been fortunate and not broke anything. Furthermore, you are shooting elite so that alone increases your odds of it being fine as they build a rugged hunting bow. In my case, I recall the ground being soft and the bottom cam sank in the ground and it maintained a vertical position until I got down and retrieved it. Cleaned her up and nothing even moved. My son however, wasn't so lucky when he dropped his crossbow. It hit a hard root or rock and the limbs splintered. So in that case, we had to get a new front end for his crossbow. Yeah just clean her up and inspect it well and shoot. Fingers crossed you are good to go.

chris41081

Yep. Dropped my switchback a few years ago. Luckily it landed on the stabilizer and not the cam. It slightly bent the the stabilizer but didn't hurt the bow. I was very lucky.

Drewski208

Dropped mine one time a few years back in Illinois. Was climbing down from a lock on and tied my pull up rope to the wheel just like 100 times before. Bout the time I turned loose of the bow and all the weight was on the rope-- presto the knot went away. its amazing to me how many cuss words a man can say before his bow can fall 30' to the ground. It was no worse for the wear but I now have a caribiner that snaps on the wheel.

done this before!!!facepalm:

John2

Dropped mine once, it was spinning and landed on the cam. Limb blew up and bow came completely apart.

Good news was the manufacturer fixed it all back up no questions asked.

tyler1

My youngest son dropped his bow out of a stand and that stand is forever called the "Bow Drop" stand.