Bows in the $500 price range?

chadeugene

Hey guys, it looks like I probably just found a buyer for my 2013 PSE DNA, and am looking for a new bow for about $550 or under. What bows should I check out in that price range.

I'm open to almost anything as long as it doesn't have X-Force limbs, and I'm also not really interested in used bows as I'm no longer interested in buying other people's problems. Thanks!

Hey guys, it looks like I probably just found a buyer for my 2013 PSE DNA, and am looking for a new bow for about $550 or under. What bows should I check out in that price range.

I'm open to almost anything as long as it doesn't have X-Force limbs, and I'm also not really interested in used bows as I'm no longer interested in buying other people's problems. Thanks!

I don't agree buying used is buying some ones else's problems most like myself just like to upgrade or try something else . I have bought many many things and even new things use them and like nah I like so and so better and take a loss just to try something else out. As tour 500 deal i couldn't be of any help on that one

chadeugene

I don't agree buying used is buying some ones else's problems most like myself just like to upgrade or try something else . I have bought many many things and even new things use them and like nah I like so and so better and take a loss just to try something else out. As tour 500 deal i couldn't be of any help on that one

I should have been a bit more clear and said that I'm not interested in buying a used bow sight-unseen off the internet.

You never know what you're really going to get when you buy a bow sight unseen. I've probably bought a half dozen used recurves and longbows and a handful of used compound bows offline. Out of those I've received a recurve with limbs that were separated, a reflex/deflex longbow that was scratched and misshapen from being shoved in a piece of PVC pipe that was too small of a diameter, and a compound bow with a bent cam. All of them were sorted out, but were in the end nothing but a huge timesuck that could have been avoided buying new.

Man that stinks ! I would agree with you on buying bows sight unseen I have sold one and bought new bows sight unseen but not a used one I would say you have to be careful. In going to be upgrading to an obession bow from my current bowtech destroyer 350le 2013

i bought a new hoyt charger last month for right at 600 and it comes with a fuse quiver, 3 pin sight and stabilizer. I hd a 2013 pse stinger 3g and the hoyt is so much better in every aspect! Quieter, Faster, smoother.. its just awesome I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

chadeugene

Man that stinks ! I would agree with you on buying bows sight unseen I have sold one and bought new bows sight unseen but not a used one I would say you have to be careful. In going to be upgrading to an obession bow from my current bowtech destroyer 350le 2013

Yeah it was a bummer. I have however, also had great experiences buying bows online, and have also sold a number of great bows to some great buyers.

I wouldn't be as picky at the moment, but considering it's deers season I want to get another bow setup and shooting asap. I probably won't start really hunting until it cools off some, so I should have about a month to get in some practice.

I hate to get a new bow during the season, but as much as I've tried to like my Dream Season DNA, I just don't enjoy shooting it. The grip that the bow likes best just doesn't feel very comfortable/natural to me.

chadeugene

i bought a new hoyt charger last month for right at 600 and it comes with a fuse quiver, 3 pin sight and stabilizer. I hd a 2013 pse stinger 3g and the hoyt is so much better in every aspect! Quieter, Faster, smoother.. its just awesome I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

How do you like the composite limb pockets? They have been the only thing keeping it from being my no. 1 choice.

Kris87

The Hoyt Charger is hard to beat in that price range. That's what I normally steer guys to.

pacecars

I bought one of the Chargers and they are a great bow regardless other price. I wouldn't worry about the limb pockets. No one worries about a Glock frame any more.

pacecars

My 2nd choice would be a Mission Blaze.

The Fever

2014 BNIB Bear Anarchy HC go for 400 right now on ebay. Love mine.

How do you like the composite limb pockets? They have been the only thing keeping it from being my no. 1 choice.

so far so good. I don't think they will be a problem.. I dont think a company like hoyt would sell something they wouldn't trust.

Skunkhound

X2 on the Anarchy. I got the same deal on EBay, and the dealer actually ships out of Duluth, so I was able to go pick it up. He had the weight and draw length adjusted by the time I got there.
This bow is pretty impressive. Bought it two weeks ago, killed a deer with it Saturday.

WildLines

this year I got back into bow hunting after a 20 yr break. I know me and I want good stuff, but couldn't justify a 1k or more on a bow not sure if I would still enjoy it.

I read many reviews, went to several pro shops to look at feel, and etc at the ganders. Once I confirmed the feel of the cheaper bows would not work and I had a good feel for what I wanted, I was able to buy in on Archery Talk forum for much less used. Lots of pro shops take bows in on trade and put them on their classifieds, it was a great purchase. I then took it to my local pro shop and had it setup for me with sights, draw length, and had it tuned. Couldn't be happier

chadeugene

I'm pretty sold on the Anarchy. There is a shop about an hour away that has a bunch in stock for $400, and I'm going to try one out and hopefully purchase it tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys!

PappyHoel

PM me if you're interested in a Matthews LX 2005.

chadeugene

I went to Bowhunters Supply store in Bowden today and picked up a 60lb 2014 Bear Anarchy. I had a chance to shoot it and absolutely loved the bow. It's by far the quietest bow I've ever shot. I'd highly recommend the Bear Anarchy HC and also Bowhunters supply store. I drove 1.5 hours each way so I could check out the bow before I bought it, and it was well worth the drive.