Breakfast Sausage

frankwright

I have made wild hog breakfast sausage three times. First two times were good but I didn't add enough fat.
Last time was just right. I made regular and maple and it was good using Leggs and also a homemade recipe.
How do you put yours up?
I made the others into patties and vacuum sealed.
It was nice and handy but time consuming, especially to give away to friends and family.
I have a stuffer now and wondered if anyone stuffs it in the tubes like you see it in the stores?
How did that work out?
Thanks!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
A pound per vac bag. Goes up quick, and I pat it out when I unthaw it. Keeps long, too. If you flatten the bags out instead of being a big glob, you can stack a bunch of them in the freezer.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I paddy mine. Lay them on parchment paper onbig cookie sheets and freeze them. once frozen put them in vac bags and seal. Then I can get out any number of paddies I want for b'fast instead of a whole pound.

ilbcnu

I mold mine into a square cookie pan then cut out Pattie’s with a biscuit cutter and layer into a Tupperware container with wax paper between layers

snuffy

The game bags are the way to go. We also have the bag sealer that tapes the bags shut.
With a stuffer it is so easy.
The bags and sealer we bought on Amazon

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I've been saying I was gonna make my own. I need to get to it.

B. White

I use a solo cup with the end cut out as a funnel and put in sealer bags and seal. Then mash it flat about a half inch. Stores easy. When thawed I cut the top flap off and make a cut long ways and three or four across depending on size. Square patties taste the same as round and it is faster and less mess when time to eat.

1709120252580.png

BeerThirty

I use a solo cup with the end cut out as a funnel and put in sealer bags and seal. Then mash it flat about a half inch. Stores easy. When thawed I cut the top flap off and make a cut long ways and three or four across depending on size. Square patties taste the same as round and it is faster and less mess when time to eat.

View attachment 1290870

I've only recently started this flattening technique and I wish I would have started doing it sooner. It thaws so much quicker and stacks easier in the freezer.

Latest posts