Broadhead for light bow poundage

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Light poundage needs a cut on contact broadhead to be most effective. I've had years of first hand experience with my wife. If you want maximum penetration in a light poundage bow, fixed blades are the ticket. I'd look at Slick Tricks if I were you.

Hunter922

100 GR Magnus Stinger.. My son shot them when he started. He used them when he was pulling 42-44 pounds and they worked well. I kept his yardage inside 25. They dont look like much but the will tear a deer up. Once he moved up in poundage we moved to Slick Tricks..

rutnbuk

I shoot 50lbs and use 100gr Slick Tricks. Passes through the bigguns, same as the litlins'. It still amazes me how deep some arrows go in the ground after a pass through shooting my setup.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I shoot 50lbs and use 100gr Slick Tricks. Passes through the bigguns, same as the litlins'. It still amazes me how deep some arrows go in the ground after a pass through shooting my setup.
I'm shooting 53lbs and also use the Slick Tricks. Been shooting them for years...they just work!

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
My wife is only at 40lbs now
The Slick Tricks will serve her well. Get the 100gr. 1" cut. The Magnum are 1 1/4". They are so sharp they will shock you!! At 53# it is not unusual for me to get pass through on 300lb mid-western white tails

Ihunt

Magnus Stinger. My wife used them when she hunted with me. She had a whopping 23.5” draw and pulled 38lbs. She had a passthrough on a big iowa buck.

Tadder

QAD EXODUS is a great fixed BH. My daughter Was pulling 50 lbs. and she was using the Rage SS 100 Gr. with great success . I wouldn't shoot em at 40 lbs. maybe 45 lbs. I've tested them at 45 lbs. and the seem too work fine.(y) Magnus Stingers are also great.

Long Cut

Magnus, Iron Will or Day Six.
Pick any broadhead these companies offer, they will reliably kill deer

BowSniper

Daughter shot a doe at 26 yards with a 35 pound draw weight bow and got a clean pass through. I would guess any reputable cut on contact broadhead would work fine, but she was using a Magnus Stinger Buzzcut and made a perfect shot behind the shoulder.

BowSniper