Buck to Doe Ratio in North Georgia--Problem?

cliffdweller

Ratio in Whitfield seems almost perfect, Fannin is really heavy on the does, Gilmer seems about right...anytime you can rattle and get a strong/favorable response that is a great sign...feels like overall we are moving in the right direction if we could erase the yotes

westcobbdog

I do not have this problem and I have been hunting in north ga. for about 8 years, and we have a scarcity of deer. I think it all depends on the area along with hunting pressure. This year alone I have only gotten a total of 4 bucks on trail camera and 5 or 6 does on camera, and I am running 6 cameras in multiple areas throughout my lease. I have even moved them accordingly based on sign (when conditions are met to not leave a scent trail). My area is also prone to more predators than most which is the cause of my lack of deer. We have several coyotes, bobcats, and a lot of bears. Those 3 along with hogs don't match up to a healthy heard of deer.
More bucks than does makes for an active competitive rut. Guess 1-1 ratio is about perfect.

Latest posts