Butt on the Ground!

Otisman

Started using a hammock seat several years ago for long steep walks. It’s light weight, very comfortable, and I’ve killed my best bucks from it on the ground. I love to be in a tree. But at this point, if it requires carrying a climber, I’ll usually pass. I do carry the climber once a year just because I have it. But I have had just as many opportunities from the ground.

Hoss

I do some of both. Started out hunting off the ground and am slowly going back to it. Millennium tree seat gives me a lot of flexibility to move to a different spot.

Shadow11

I like my turkey lounger. You are just barely off the ground, so you have your knees to prop up on.

I need to get a new one though, because it has stretched so much that my behind hits the bars underneath. Not as comfortable anymore

Back40hunter

Nothing wrong with the ground. I’ve killed some good ones sitting on the ground! Good luck to you.

Toliver

Millennium Tree Seat...
So anytime I see equipment suggestions here, I check into it if it's something I may use. I, too, have started to prefer hunting on Terra Firma considering my acrophobia increases with age. Apparently I am not, in fact, the immortal I once thought I was. The questionable and precarious situations I found myself in while hunting leaves me amazed I lived past 11 years old. But having said all that, I have come to the conclusion that some of y'all got Taylor Swift money. I don't think I can pay $115 for that thing. I guess I'll just stick with my little pillow on the ground.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
So anytime I see equipment suggestions here, I check into it if it's something I may use. I, too, have started to prefer hunting on Terra Firma considering my acrophobia increases with age. Apparently I am not, in fact, the immortal I once thought I was. The questionable and precarious situations I found myself in while hunting leaves me amazed I lived past 11 years old. But having said all that, I have come to the conclusion that some of y'all got Taylor Swift money. I don't think I can pay $115 for that thing. I guess I'll just stick with my little pillow on the ground.

I paid $79 each for the three I have. Academy will run a sale from time to time.

In the event one of mine gets broke, stole, or eaten by a bear, I will gladly pay $115 for another one. They are that good.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I like my turkey lounger. You are just barely off the ground, so you have your knees to prop up on.

I need to get a new one though, because it has stretched so much that my behind hits the bars underneath. Not as comfortable anymore
I’ve gotten so stiff with age. If I get down as low as a Turkey lounger I look like a rolled over turtle trying to get back upright to stand. The tree seat works for this geezer.

diamondback

I do a lot of hunting from a dove stool. In my younger years we used 5 gallon buckets painted camo. Good for carrying gear and a seat. We called it bucket hunting back then and was deadly when hunting young pine thickets where there were no trees to climb. Buckets were just a little loud dragging in and out so I moved to the stool.

Bjrink

Checked the lowdown hammock seat website. Says they are on back order. Anybody know where else to buy/order? Only downside to the summit seat is bulky. Carrying it with a pack and rifle or bow can be quite noisy

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Checked the lowdown hammock seat website. Says they are on back order. Anybody know where else to buy/order? Only downside to the summit seat is bulky. Carrying it with a pack and rifle or bow can be quite noisy
I got my tree hammock seat a few years ago off eBay. if nothing more than comparing prices, I always look there first!

Bjrink

Ordered a couple lowdown seats. They are in backorder till mid November. Time to play the waiting game

Hillbilly stalker

I have a Hammock seat, a Waldrop pac seat and a Millenium seat, and also a couple homemade ones. There is absolutely no competition when it comes to comfort...the Millenium seat wins hands down. PERIOD. If you can sit still, you can kill critters. I would pick up beer cans on the side of the road or dig change out of the couch if I had to so as I could buy one. If you ever sit/hunt in one you will be sold. Light ,quiet, adjustable height and almost too comfortable. They even work good for a guy with a bad back. The only downside to one is you cannot put them on a large tree (but i got a trick for that). I'm kind of a full figured fellow (working on it) and it holds me just fine.

frankwright

I have a Hammock seat, a Waldrop pac seat and a Millenium seat, and also a couple homemade ones. There is absolutely no competition when it comes to comfort...the Millenium seat wins hands down. PERIOD. If you can sit still, you can kill critters. I would pick up beer cans on the side of the road or dig change out of the couch if I had to so as I could buy one. If you ever sit/hunt in one you will be sold. Light ,quiet, adjustable height and almost too comfortable. They even work good for a guy with a bad back. The only downside to one is you cannot put them on a large tree (but i got a trick for that). I'm kind of a full figured fellow (working on it) and it holds me just fine.
I agree.
I love my turkey lounger for turkey season it is very comfortable and I have deer hunted out of it but I do have to roll out of it with my bad back.
I bought the original hammock seat and it is very compact and pretty comfortable.
I bought the Millenium when Academy had them on sale and later bought the seat pad, definitely the most comfortable. A little bulky to carry if you use a back pack but not bad at all.

I have sat for 4 or 5 hours in comfort, possibly dozing off a few times.

kwabena

I’ve checked out the millennium tree seat and my only issue is being up too high. It just be me over thinking it. What had been everyone’s height with it so far?

Cool Hand Luke

I’ve checked out the millennium tree seat and my only issue is being up too high. It just be me over thinking it. What had been everyone’s height with it so far?
I usually put it where I'm comfortable with my feet on the ground so my head would be at about 4ft or so. Also in case you need to hop up real quick like ;)