Cabelas coming to Fort Oglethorpe!

The Flying Duckman

I live 8 miles from the Academy in Dalton, and I would not give you 2 cents for it. The people are rude, you have to hunt someone down to ask for help, and they act like they are doing you a favor selling you something. I have tried to buy a couple of guns and a chain link dog kennel from them. Have not been able to do so. I drove to the Academy in Chattanooga, and those people were falling all over themselves to help me.

Core Lokt

The people at our academy are like car salesmen, you have to beat them off of you. Always willing to help and very nice.

There will be one in acworth acutely it's already being built. Now this on in ft Oglethorpe. Not sure of the other location. There is also a bass pro shops being built in Emerson. Bass pro isn't going anywhere lol. I prefer cabelas myself however they basically have the samethings .. Aaron you do have a academy. I mean come on man....

Academy is cheaply made too. Gear last for fifteen minutes and done. Rather spend more on stuff that lasts.

WestGaJohn

Sure wish one of the big stores would come to Columbus. Dick's is the only thing we have. The only alternative is Gander Mountain or Academy in Auburn.

I can't see how a big store isn't already in the Columbus area. Eufaula down the road, West Point up the road...2nd most populous city in the state. I don't get it either.

I have bought stuff in store at BPS & I have ordered stuff online from cabelas.com but mostly clearance items & no big purchases. I can't say I'd spend more if one were closer but I'd definitely be in the store more.

I hate shopping but I don't mind walking through BPS or Gander Mountain or eventually Cabela's & wasting an hour or so.