Carolina Lunker Sauce

rampco

Anybody ever use the Carolina Lunker Sauce? What do you think about fish attractant. I personally use Jack's Juice and I like it pretty well. But I have have been reading about Carolina Lunker Sauce and thought it might be the ticket. What Do y'all Think? :huh:

DavidW

?????

Not sure if it will get you any more bites or not, but I do think that it makes a fish hang on to the bait a little longer than normal. The application bottle of the Carolina Lunker Sauce makes it a lot less messy than some pf the others. Like everything else that has to do with fishing----it`s worth a try. David

Oscott

Love the header. God bless #3. I miss him.

I've tried fish attractant w/o improved results so can't comment on that.

Lightninrod

Yes, great avatar Rampco! I'm not ashamed to say, I cried when he died :( .

I've never used that attractant. I've been using Megastrike for a few years now. I like it because it doesn't get a 'mess' all over the boat and tackle. It lasts for days on both soft and hard baits. It's a grease and can be rubbed on any bait.

Dan

rampco

Thanks Fellas, I was just wondering I had seen a commercial on the Lunker Sauce and thought it looked pretty cool. I have never used the megastrike...I may have to try that one. I like the idea of the scent lasting longer. #3 was my hero and I am sure to a million others...hard to watch a race and get excited anymore.

GADAWGS

Only Chevrolet driver I ever liked. Wish he were still on the track too.
As far as attractants, I have never tried them, but am willing to this year just for grins and giggles

Lightninrod

I feel a need to say that I'm not sponsored by anybody; I'm just an avid, weekend Basser and I pay retail for what products I use. I say that because I can get excited about a new-to-me product or piece of tackle, hence my praise of Kistler's Helium rods and now, Megastrike.

Here is an article on Megastrike and I concur with those observations. This 'stuff' does work and it's very "user-friendly" as noted by the author of that article. No, it won't make a Bass strike(IMO) but I do believe it does make them hold on just a little longer, giving me that needed, split-second to set the hook(s).

Dan

rampco

Good article...I will have to pick some up. I saw that Dick's Sporting goods now carries the Megastrike, so I will have to pick some up this weekend when the Dick's opens up by my house. I got in the habit of using spray on attractant about 2 years ago. I usually only use it on my jigs, spinnerbaits and soft plastics, but by reading this I will be interested in applying it to my crankbaits as well. Thanks for the article and input.

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
fair warning for those vacationing in NC this year , As of the first saturday in April 2005 it is no longer legal to fish in delayed harvest trout waters with fish attractant or impregnated bait such as power bait etc

Adirondacker

I prefer the Berkley power baits when I can find them in the size or type I need. Have used other spray on types with mixed success. I always figured they worked less as an attractant and more as a cover scent to eliminate my hand oil odors. I also wash my hands frequently on board with antibacterial soap. I am a bow hunter and my "antihuman scent dementia" has crept into my bass fishing.

For some reason it seems that I catch more on plastics that have been in a fishes mouth and so have resorted to making sure plenty of fish body smell gets on any plastics I land a fish with. Then I'll fish that bait til it won't fish no more.

How much is science and how much is in my imagination I don't know :huh: