Carrying pistol while bow hunting

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Can’t catch me. Done outrun you a couple times. If I didn’t have my kids on that seadoo that time…….you’d still be chasing me ? Ain’t a dead gum thing wrong with running 55 in a no wake zone under a bridge.
??

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Seems to me that they would have a hard time enforcing that one unless you had a dead deer with a bullet hole in it. It's not illegal to carry a gun in the woods. And anybody could always claim they were pig hunting instead of deer hunting.

Some GWs don't know what on earth they're talking about anyway. Ask ten of them what the legal measurements are on a foothold trap for land trapping and you'll probably get ten different answers.
My phone did used to ring a lot with trapping questions ?
I never did get them to take that “#2 trap law” verbiage off the website. That confused more people than anything else

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Did they just pull all the plants or take the bag of seed too? :)
I was turkey hunting in the NF in N. Fla. walking back to my Ol beat up International scout. It was 1:10. Been walking for 30 minutes. I didn’t have a watch on. Back then no cell phones ?
I was 100 yds from the truck. Thirsty as all get out. Been looking for a turkey for hours? none to be seen or heard.
They landed and was at my truck waiting and said I was turkey hunting after hours. Ended at 1:00. ?
They check lic. Good
They searched my truck and showed me a little bag that had a price tag of .89 cent on it. Asked what came in it.
I said a Beatles spin. ? for fishing.
I told them a man can’t walk out from hunting on his own time. Been walking 30 minutes and can I get my gator aid and crackers I was headed for.
They said we giving u a break and writing a warning. ?
They put the time down as 1:40. I made them change it to 1:10 as they told me the time as I got to the truck.
Asked how much that Whirlybird cost to operate to find me and search me to just write a warning.
I always would read the regs even back then. Try to go by them.
BTW spring turkey hunting on WMAs in Fla I have walked up on a patch almost every year I hunted them. I would say what in the world are they thinking ?
I’d just go about my Business.
In Fla u get checked a lot. They have many officers. On WMAs u would get to know them.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I had game wardens fall out of the sky on me. They where in a helicopter. Back in the early 80tys.

One time I had trouble with my right arm, it had a snatching syndrome and just so happens I was trout fishing when it started and there was this fella that slipped up through the creek admiring water falls and taking pictures…………he was the GW. Inherited a ticket and lost my fish. 1987 was the last time my arm acted up on me like that.