catfish & carp pay lakes

Tim L

Its been along time since I have fished down there, but years ago you could fish from the spillway...find a place you want to fish, find a way to chunk out some sweet corn as chum, do that for a few days then fish that spot...you might get a pleasant surprize. Another good place is in Whitesburg, at the boat ramp on the Chattahoochee (is on the Coweta side of the river)..nice and clean, you can get right up to the water at the ramp; that area is made for chumming for carp....

hoochfisher

Banned
i'm sorry but twin lakes has REALLY declined in the recent years.

lawrenceville is a heck of a lot closer to you. try twin bridges(lake hogans). $10 per person. it's very clean, WELL stocked, and well ran by some very nice guys. they will tell you anything you want to know about how to catch the fish there(what baits, etc.).

they even have a kiddie pond area that is very well stocked. catch and release there in the kiddie pond, but a fish every cast.

check them out:
www.twinbridgeslake.com

hoochfisher

Banned
an older white lady who lives in the big house on the back side of the lake owns it.

chances are you will even see her dog out while your there. a big, white, long hair lab mix, his name is river. watch him though, he will be in your bait in heartbeat!

mriver72

Banned
Let me put it this way When we went to fish at twin bridges we paid indians in the baithouse to fish ......I havent been this year so i cant say !!!!! (Happy)

Bugpac

I have been to twin lakes 2 times for the pot, The first night about 5 fish were weighed all night, the second no one hit the scales till near midnight and it weighed 11 lbs, at 2 I got out of there with only the second fish being weighed... largest I have seen on there board this yr is 46 lbs.. The acomidations are fine for me, I would not take my wife and kids for more than 1 hr or so... The grass "I mean weeds" is long as heck and the ants are horrible..

mriver72

Banned
I fish on the dirt road side and never have any trouble but it aint a good spot for kids ....

Tim L

Last time i went to Twin Bridges it was owned by Indians ....

I'm wondering if everyone is talking about the same Twin Bridges?? the one I'm familar with is on Braselton Highway; is on the right side just north of Lawrenceville...there's a bait shop as you enter; same ol white guy has run the bait shop for as long as I can remember (he may live there)....never seen any indians, but some may hang out there..there's a kids only catfish section right behind the bait shop...Owner (I think his name is Bruce) lives in the big brick house to the side of the lake....Yea there is a dog and he will get into your grits.....But thats a different lake than Twin Lakes in Winder...Last saturday, a buddy of mine caught a 30 pound flathead at the Winder lake; said he saw quite a few carp between 10 and 20 pounds caught that day....One other lake that hasn't been mentioned is Blasingames in Monroe....Carps and catfish; baitshop, snacks; used to be two lakes; now just one....Last I heard you could use millet there (some lakes won't let you)........

I don't know of one in West Georgia; I'll bet there are old private lakes that have carps, but they just don't publicise it.

hoochfisher

Banned
yeah it the same twin bridges lake.

ihave been fishing there for 8 years and NEVER seen an indian, not even one fishing there.

and even in the past if it was owned by indians, i dont care! it's managed and ran by bruce and mark, and they do a fine job! it has allways been the best paylake around to me.

Tim L

Thats his name Mark (the lake boss)! Yea, especially if you live up this way it's a pretty good lake. I wish Bruce would put more carps in it than he does, but I know where here is coming from; most of the guys that fish there are after the big flats, not carps. And he does have carps, along with a few grassies and buffs.

hoochfisher

Banned
there are some BIG carp in there! they tried to market the carp fishing for a while, but didnt get the interest they were hoping for. they carried all sorts of baits and rigs for carp. i went after them a few times, but only caught a few small ones in the 5-10# range.

the main problem with carp at a pay lake is all the folks who go fish the pots and catch a nice carp and kill "the bait stealing trash fish".

most of us are fishing for fun, or dinner, and are happy to catch anything.

but the few folks who just go to see how much money they might be able to win that night kinda ruin the carp fishing at all the paylakes.

dont mean to offend any pot fisherman on here, but that has just been my overall experiance at the places i go to.

kwalker62

went to demooney today got a few bites didint land not one! was there about 4 hours a truck pulls up with 5 asian teens thay baited up and started catching carp left and right!!!!! some look to be about 3 ft long one after another was getting late so i had to leave drove by and thay was useing dough bait look like it was made with kecthup? man its some big carp in there. WILL BE GOING BACK

hoochfisher

Banned
not ketcup, fruit punch. or strawberry. those seem to be the most productive and popular flavors of carp bait.

big_bird

in this heat at demooneys you need to use millet pack or rice pack. yes ketchup in the rice pack. with butternut flavor on the puff or pop.

guys yall fish like you want to and dont listen to anyone that dont like the way you fish

Cottontail

I have used Ketchup plenty of times and mustard (Rice and Ketchup) and i use Mustard in Soybean meal or ground Trout Chow works great on carp at all paylakes ... ive also caught some big ones on Soybean mill and pork n beans just mix it up put it in the sun let it sour and works great !! If anyone needs any Recipes let me know in a Pm i fished all the pay lakes with in 100 miles and even go to South Carolina each lake has a diffrent bait that is a favorite it may be Wheat seed, Millit Seed, Soy bean mill ,Trout chow, grits ,taters or Black Bait which is made from Cotten seed mill and Black mollasses.. just a few i know how to make....

olcaptain

This thread is three years old but for the record, I prefer wild fish caught in their own habitat.

Yeah cap I just figured I would bump it up for some info I'm gonna be asking you alot of gear questions u have lit a fire under me about getting back into back fishing for cat and Carp and I do have a boat but would rather fish from bank weird I know