Catfish Side Dish Suggestions

Thread starter #1
I'm making a celebratory fried catfish meal for a friend from the south. What are some side dishes I should have? So far I'm planning on hushpuppies, okra, corn, cole slaw, mac and cheese, and bread pudding.

Help a yankee out?! I always check this forum for cooking ideas and finally decided to register. Thanks!

Muddyfoots

Retired Administrator
I'm making a celebratory fried catfish meal for a friend from the south. What are some side dishes I should have? So far I'm planning on hushpuppies, okra, corn, cole slaw, mac and cheese, and bread pudding.

Help a yankee out?! I always check this forum for cooking ideas and finally decided to register. Thanks!
Round here it's usually hushpup's, fries, slaw and sweet pickles.

And cold beer.:D

specialk

cheese grits.........and no instant grits allowed:mad:

Hornet22

What they said; and EWnDC.:cheers:

maker4life

Cheese grits , hush puppies , french fries , cole slaw and you absoluely have to have sliced onion .

Okra , corn and mac & cheese are great but never had them at a fish fry .

What Muddy and Nic and H22 said. Just remove the DC from the EW, it's an unneccessary pollutant of perfectly good corn squeezin's. ::ke: :bounce:

mrs. hornet22

Floor sweeper, dish washer
Fresh cut lemons. Lots of em. :fine:
Some folks like to squirt it on the fish.
Some folks like to put it in there sweet tea.
Some folks use it to wash there fingers after tearing into a big ole helpin of fried catfish. :biggrin3:

Cucumber salad, fried dill pickle chips, and smoked mac-n-cheese with candied bacon, and last but not least corn fritters dusted with powdered sugar. Good luck

golffreak

Cheese grits should be a mandatory side dish for fish.

tater salad (made with mustard)
cole slaw (not the sweet kind either)has to have a splash of apple cider vinegar.
hush puppys with chunks of jalapeno peppers.
and homemade tartar sauce.