Cellular Trail Camera Opinions

whitter

BANNED
Buy lithium batteries. Last much longer. Sounds like you are on budget. Streaming HD video is not cheap. Excellent battery ratings on the link.

https://www.trailcampro.com/collections/trail-camera-reviews/products/spartan-golive-verizon

I think we are all on a budget, I use the LI rechargeable and 20 W panels on my Ridgetec systems and yes the reports say that streaming is not cheap or efficient on battery life. I do like to get as many miles per gallon as I can and still have the reliability.

Addicted to Antlers

I would say Spartan Go-Live is the most expensive trail cam on the market. $500 for the cam plus $200 for the 12G/1year data plus upgraded SD card and lithium batteries. I went with the max SD card it supports 128G. I am running 3 x Go-Lives. Positioned at 3 locations on our property far apart from each other. So far I am loving the ability to stream. App and Web UI work very well. I purchased a Ridgetec and did not like it. The app and Web UI was not for me. Also did not like the day/night sensor on Ridgetec. I sent it back. Trailcampro gave an immediate refund no questions asked.

I am planning to purchase the new Reveal Tactacam to cover the rest of our property. I do not need to stream everywhere just a few places. Tactacam can fill the gap to cover acreage and cost of trail cams.

I would invest in a good SD card. You can find deals on Amazon and also the batteries there too. SD card and quality batteries go a long way. Go cheap on SD card and you will regret it.

Addicted to Antlers

I would say Spartan Go-Live is the most expensive trail cam on the market. $500 for the cam plus $200 for the 12G/1year data plus upgraded SD card and lithium batteries. I went with the max SD card it supports 128G. I am running 3 x Go-Lives. Positioned at 3 locations on our property far apart from each other. So far I am loving the ability to stream. App and Web UI work very well. I purchased a Ridgetec and did not like it. The app and Web UI was not for me. Also did not like the day/night sensor on Ridgetec. I sent it back. Trailcampro gave an immediate refund no questions asked.

I am planning to purchase the new Reveal Tactacam to cover the rest of our property. I do not need to stream everywhere just a few places. Tactacam can fill the gap to cover acreage and cost of trail cams.

I would invest in a good SD card. You can find deals on Amazon and also the batteries there too. SD card and quality batteries go a long way. Go cheap on SD card and you will regret it.

Only talking about the trail cam cost, I can purchase 3 Tactacams for the price of 1 Go-Live and still have money left over.

brunofishing

Only talking about the trail cam cost, I can purchase 3 Tactacams for the price of 1 Go-Live and still have money left over.
HAHAHA!! Haters going to hate! I have had my GO-LIVE for Three months now and haven't had any issues with batteries. I watch and listen for turkey's every day, There are the best for there job in the woods or at home! I just ordered another one I'm going to use on my job sights.

Addicted to Antlers

HAHAHA!! Haters going to hate! I have had my GO-LIVE for Three months now and haven't had any issues with batteries. I watch and listen for turkey's every day, There are the best for there job in the woods or at home! I just ordered another one I'm going to use on my job sights.

I am definitely not hating. I have 3 x Go-Lives and love them. They are worth the money. But I am not going to put 15 of them. That would be over $10k in trail cams lol. Running 3 X Go-Lives and the rest tactacam.

whitter

BANNED
What is great is we all have a degree of different tastes and we can still talk about it here on this forum in a good manner. A trail camera education is available right here from on hands users. Picking what fits your personal situation is not easy.

XJfire75

Tactacam Reveal! They just released their X model and I have 2 on the way. Head and shoulders above my spypoints.

c-rig king

What is great is we all have a degree of different tastes and we can still talk about it here on this forum in a good manner. A trail camera education is available right here from on hands users. Picking what fits your personal situation is not easy.
I agree 100%. That is why I love this entire forum!

c-rig king

Thanks so much for all the replies! Certainly got some choices and more research to do. Gonna need a spreadsheet to figure all the different options and prices out! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sghoghunter

You’re correct, other than price that is the only downside to them.

I tried them in a couple of my coverts a couple yrs ago and they do last maybe a week to two longer than Energizer max but not long enough to justify they cost twice as much. The main reason I won’t use a lithium is I’m over two hrs away from my cameras and when they show 50% I need to make plans to take a ride unlike lithium’s don’t give a notice

transfixer

I have zero experience with any other cell cam than Tacticam Reveal, guys I hunt with have had other brands for years with various problems with each brand, I've had zero issues so far with Tacticam, I didn't have to contact Verizon, everything is done through Tacticam, flat fee for x amount of pics, and I'll compare the quality of the pics against any higher priced camera , currently using one as a security camera, and am about to purchase one of their new versions, for my money they are the best option out there .

ScottA

Trail cameras are no different than any other product; you get what you pay for. If you are fine with bare bones functionality, you can go cheap and buy a Tactacam. If you want a camera with more options and functionality you will have to spend more money on a camera like a Ridgetec.
I don't buy Tasco scopes for my rifles, I buy Leupolds. As for my trail cameras, I love my Ridgetecs.

whitter

BANNED
I dont like fees. So I dont use them.
I have found that the cellular cams operating costs are actually cheaper than what I use to have to do with the many trips to the properties to change out cards and to change batteries. Thank you solar panels and LI batteries and most of all the instant notification of what is in front of the camera . The recent fuel situation and increase in that cost also makes owning a good cell system more attractive.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
May, contacted Spypoint with a question about my service. Haven't heard from them since. Looks like they are in Canada.

rosewood

May, contacted Spypoint with a question about my service. Haven't heard from them since. Looks like they are in Canada.
Their customer service sucks. Took 9 months to get a bad camera replaced. Then they screwed me out of 5 months of data plan I paid for. Just using it on the free 100 pics a month now. I also have a Tactacam which I like very much. I will likely replace the spypoint with another TC.

Rosewood