Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
To heck with Tech!

GO DAWGS!
WRECK TECH!

MudDucker

Staff member
402090287_359084736500654_7560735635072044970_n.jpg

Negatory ... this guy does not have a plastic pocket protector pinned to his undershirt. Those nerds don't go anywhere without that and their slide rule. Must be a pre-admissions photo. :bounce:

MudDucker

Staff member
Buck's dad Ben Belue played high school football with my father at Lanier in Macon.

Well, I knew him when they moved to Valdosta. Watched Buck grow up playing in jr high and high school and then college. Ben rode his son's fame to a living selling class rings. I still see Ben's wife at church. She is going strong.

MudDucker

Staff member
My ties to Ga. Tech go back to the 30's as far as athletics. Ga. ties only go back to the 50's I believe in athletics. Do have a gg Aunt who got her Masters at Georgia, probably in the fairly early 1900's.

Go Jackets!!!

I've got a line of family members who graduated from Tech, including one who was on their board for years. I thought I was going to Tech until I got to see Pepper Rogers in action and after that I thought a school dumb enough to hire him is too dumb for me.

The 2nd college football I attended was at Tech and before I went to a UGA game. They were very competitive back then.

My son's father in law was a GT lineman. He hobbels on bad knees even after double replacement. I put his two granddaughters in UGA cheerleader outfits this weekend and sent him a pic!

So Go DAWGS, wreck Tech!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Many years ago, mom and dad took me to orientation at UGA for me to begin freshman year. One of my young sisters, Jean, went with us; she was in the first grade. We attended the "rally" when UGA cheerleaders did their routines and led the crowd in cheers. The following week, mom got a call from one of Jean's teachers, a nun. She was beside herself laughing. She could barely tell the story. During the religion course, The nun asked the class if they knew what "The Word" was. Jean's hand shot up. "Jean, what is The Word?" Jean: "To heqq with Tech." Censors would block the real word but we all know what it was. Gil

westcobbdog

Proud tech hater for over 55 years, figuring it took me my first 7 years to wake up and really feel the hate. Spent a night on the RR tracks for the last time they were a spot to drink and watch the games. Lubed up by 9 am. First Dog player off the player bus was our friend from HS Rex Robinson, and a drunken mud wrestling match ensued when he tossed our group a shirt or jersey. Seems like we beat tek that day, too.

Baroque Brass

My favorite uncle was a tech grad, had a great career as an electronics engineer. He was a brilliant man and could talk intelligently on any topic.

The first college football game I ever attended was Dawgs and tech in Atlanta. My future father in law wanted to go to the game so we all loaded up and went to Atlanta. I didn’t know what to wear so I wore khaki pants, dress shoes, and a light jacket. It was cold and windy and I about froze my scrawny butt off. I have no clue who won, I just wanted to get warm. At least my future FIL bought everyone supper at Longhorns.

Baroque Brass

Lewis Grizzard (a die hard Dawgs fan) told the joke about a huge pharmaceutical convention in Atlanta, attended by folks worldwide. The convention organizers thought that folks from other countries might enjoy American football so they called the tech ticket office to inquire about a block of tickets to the Saturday afternoon Jackets game. The man at the ticket office said they had plenty of available seats. When asked what time the game started, the ticket man said, “Well, what time can y’all be here?”