Clubs are staying Full !

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yes until that landowner's health goes south!

Leased for 18 years and had a great relationship with the owner, when he got sick and unable to control the decisions, his son got us kicked off, and took advantage of our years of hard work and monies invested.

Like Milkman said at some point you become to old and broke down to manage things and the new crew takes over. I suspect my kids will sell my place after I'm gone. I did the same thing when my parents died.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I told my kids I’ll haunt them if they sell my place when I’m gone. And not a nice kinda hauntin…..table flipping scary kinda hauntin.

I won't waste time pulling the fancy ghost tricks. I'll just come back from the dead with a hickory switch and TCB. :bounce:

Jim Boyd

Yes until that landowner's health goes south!

Leased for 18 years and had a great relationship with the owner, when he got sick and unable to control the decisions, his son got us kicked off, and took advantage of our years of hard work and monies invested.

We do all realize that leased land is just that, right…. Leased?

Of course we work hard and we make investments - so the experience is better.

That is what you are paying for… the experience.

To make it something other than that and to add permanency, you must purchase.

It is very simple.

blackbear

What does a large tract of land in a prime deer county lease for in 2024?
What would you consider a big club tract and how many members?

Jim Boyd

What does a large tract of land in a prime deer county lease for in 2024?
What would you consider a big club tract and how many members?

I would think $18-20, maybe much more in the right county. The point about this thread is that FINDING the land is not overly easy.

I would think 3 square miles would be big, so 1800-2000 acres.

If 100 acres per member was the target, that is a lot of “personalities” to try to get aligned.

Managing it is a thankless job, also.

Long Cut

Another thing our wonderful Government has allowed, is Foreign investors and corporations to buy up hundreds of thousands of acres of land, farmland etc…

So not only are we competing with Domestic investors, but Foreign as well.

Our Tax dollars at work….