Clubs are staying Full !

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yeah I’ll volunteer ! You’ve got the land covered right ! @Blackston can furnish a few trailers full of corn . We’ve got plenty of expert food plotters on here . @buckpasser can be in charge of the turkeys , he just can’t hunt them . @Mexican Squealer can provide the crawfish for our cook outs .
Man yeah , I can see this working out great , just notify your hunters that the land has been taken . We’ll work out all the details closer to season :cheers:

Blackston

Yeah I’ll volunteer ! You’ve got the land covered right ! @Blackston can furnish a few trailers full of corn . We’ve got plenty of expert food plotters on here . @buckpasser can be in charge of the turkeys , he just can’t hunt them . @Mexican Squealer can provide the crawfish for our cook outs .
Man yeah , I can see this working out great , just notify your hunters that the land has been taken . We’ll work out all the details closer to season :cheers:
Where do I sign up , corn will be in the ground soon ( I ain’t the farmer but I got the hookup …… kinda been my story for a long time …. Products just different hahaha )

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’m changing the locks now.

transfixer

Most club dues are way to high here in georgia. Id take that money and go on a hunt somewhere..

Club I ran for over 20+ yrs and was in over 40+yrs was not somewhere I just went to hunt, I went there all during the year to camp, target shoot, escape from the rat race of work and daily life!

I never hunted strictly to kill something, you won't find a mounted head in my house, and I have no idea how many bucks I've killed over the years worthy of mounting, hunting camp with the same group of guys was basically a mini vacation for me.

You don't get that from going on guided hunts

Jim Boyd

Club I ran for over 20+ yrs and was in over 40+yrs was not somewhere I just went to hunt, I went there all during the year to camp, target shoot, escape from the rat race of work and daily life!

I never hunted strictly to kill something, you won't find a mounted head in my house, and I have no idea how many bucks I've killed over the years worthy of mounting, hunting camp with the same group of guys was basically a mini vacation for me.

Well said.

I may have forgotten to mount any heads also.

Well… that and my wife won’t let me.

Jim Boyd

I get a resounding laugh when I hear folks RAIL against deer clubs.

In many instances, it is how folks get an opportunity to hunt private land that can be managed and enjoyed.

Not everyone can afford to own.

Not everyone wants to hunt public (I don’t).

Sure, there are bad clubs.

Sure, there are good clubs.

Sure, there are bad members.

Sure, there are good members.

It is putting the right combination together that matters and it is not always easy.

Jim Boyd

Why don't GON Deer forum start a club?
Who wants to be the President?
I’m gonna be on the work detail.

While folks are running chain saws and doing hard work, I am gonna walk along with a small pair of shears and say “I am clearing roadways”..

True story buried in there, too!!!!!

sghoghunter

I have lots of friends that say they can’t justify spending $2400 a year on a hunting lease for only a couple months but they’ll spend half their summer at a beach. I’ve got some that’ll go see the say guy sing four different times a year. I’ve got some that spends $25000 on a brand new SxS to bury in water neck deep every weekend. Got a few that drinks a case of beer every other day and grills and parties every weekend. Me on the other hand don’t drink,don’t care about concerts,hate the beach and don’t really care for a side by side but I do have a yearly pass to a private campground to get away from the every day world

transfixer

I get a resounding laugh when I hear folks RAIL against deer clubs.

In many instances, it is how folks get an opportunity to hunt private land that can be managed and enjoyed.

Not everyone can afford to own.

Not everyone wants to hunt public (I don’t).

Sure, there are bad clubs.

Sure, there are good clubs.

Sure, there are bad members.

Sure, there are good members.

It is putting the right combination together that matters and it is not always easy.

The club I was in was started by my Dad and a friend of his when I was 16yrs old, it was a small group of nothing but friends for a long time, generally 6 to 8 guys most of those years, I learned how to hunt from my Dad and those guys, I learned how to track wounded deer, I learned a lot of other life's lessons from being around many of those guys older than myself,

I started running the club sometime in my early 20's , along with my Dad, as time went on I mostly ran it alone, with his advice at times, when he passed away in 04 I actually turned it over to a friend and didn't hunt for 2 yrs, my heart wasn't in it, I got back in it because my stepson's wanted to hunt, and I enjoyed the time with them and passing on to them what I had learned when I was their age, I wouldn't take anything in the world for the time spent at that club with my Dad and his friends, or for the time I spent there with my stepsons,

those times and experiences are virtually impossible to have hunting public land, and not available of paid guided hunts,

I wouldn't want to be in a club with a bunch of strangers I didn't know, I dropped out of that long time club because of a couple of members the guy running it now wouldn't discipline, and I won't join another club because I won't hunt around a bunch of strangers I don't know and trust

But I also won't hunt public land because I don't know who might be around the area I decide to hunt, and I have no confidence in today's generation of hunters to know common sense and ethics I grew up learning

slow motion

I’m gonna be on the work detail.

While folks are running chain saws and doing hard work, I am gonna walk along with a small pair of shears and say “I am clearing roadways”..

True story buried in there, too!!!!!
We want to hear the story. You can change the names to protect the innocent as Joe Friday did.

Jim Boyd

We want to hear the story. You can change the names to protect the innocent as Joe Friday did.

It is just that.

Guy and his wife showed up for a work day and that is all they did. Walked alone with hand shears (not arm shears) and cut 1/4” stuff while we cut fallen trees and trimmed limbs.

Then were pooped at the end of the day.