Conceived by the Holy Spirit?

gordon 2

What does "conceived by the Holy Spirit" mean? Scripture anyone? Ideas?

gordon 2

How about this: Mary conceived Jesus physically. But also did the Holy Spirit act on Mary that Jesus would be conceived of the Holy Spirit through Mary? If so, how would the Holy Spirit "act" on Mary that Mary would conceived Jesus also by the Holy Spirit?

gordon 2

Can the Holy Spirit act through me or anyone that God's will be done?

(PS I'm posting this tread in the style of Art... to see how it feels to be him by your replies or no replies.)

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
The miraculous. God spoke things in existence, He could have spoken an embryo into existence just as easy.

Remember, He’s not restricted to the limitations / processes that you and I are.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Can the Holy Spirit act through me or anyone that God's will be done?

(PS I'm posting this tread in the style of Art... to see how it feels to be him by your replies or no replies.)
Lol ok. Art is different but he gives you the entire spectrum to consider when you reply - covers a lot of bases.

Artfuldodger

Lol ok. Art is different but he gives you the entire spectrum to consider when you reply - covers a lot of bases.
Yeah, a lot of posts I start or responses really are about questioning what you may have been taught to believe. From that point one should be able to back up why they believe it and go from there. I'm really not trying to change ones mind, just look into it more. I thinks it good for study.

Artfuldodger

What does "conceived by the Holy Spirit" mean? Scripture anyone? Ideas?
For some reason I had this thought in my head from our member who believes the Holy Spirit has a body different and apart from the body of God.
Not that I have any input about that. Another member believes "virgin" should read "young girl" and that Jesus is the adopted son of God.

I would agree with the LDS Church that perhaps Mary was a Virgin but not after Jesus was conceived.

Artfuldodger

To answer your question Mary was conceived by the Holy Spirit just proves the the Holy Spirit is God's spirit and not a different whatever. I don't think God has a different spirit from the Holy Spirit. To me the Holy Spirit is God's one and only spirit.
Thus to be conceived by the Holy Spirit means conceived by God. It has to be because Jesus is the only begotten son of God.

gordon 2

Luke 1:26-38, “Jesus Was Conceived by the Holy Spirit, and Born of the Virgin Mary”