Constantine And The Sabbath

Lowjack

Constantine and the Sabbath

Constantine, one of the men that brought the church of Jesus Christ into pagan worship and forbade them from keeping the Sabbath (God's commandments & holy seasons).

Article; By Rick Aharon Chaimberlin
http://www.ngabo.org/prophetic/constantine.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

centerpin fan

Constantine corrupts the church of Christ and draws it away from keeping the Sabbath.

The Apostle Paul beat him to it:

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day." - Col 2:16

hobbs27

The Apostle Paul beat him to it:

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day." - Col 2:16

Right again centerpin.

Acts 20:7
And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

Lowjack

Right again centerpin.

Acts 20:7
And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

That's so that people could keep the Sabbath , Paul is not Christ.
"Anyone who breaks the Torah and teaches others not to keep the Torah will be very small in the Kingdom of G-d"christ.

Artfuldodger

It all sounds way to political and a good reason to keep government separate from religion. I follow no man's creed nor do I put much faith in Councils.
I'm upset that we don't celebrate Rosh Ḥodesh anymore. I love celebrations.

hobbs27

, Paul is not Christ.

I forgot about your problem with Paul, so lets look at Christs' example.

Mark 2:23-28

23 And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.

24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?

25 And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?

26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?

27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

gemcgrew

"Anyone who breaks the Torah and teaches others not to keep the Torah will be very small in the Kingdom of G-d"christ.
Paul told the Galatians that your teaching is no better than witchcraft. He affirmed the believer's total freedom from the law. I fear no curse from the law.

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:" (Galatians 3:13)
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Romans 8:1)

gordon 2

Why does everyone think he/she will get a mansion in the Kingdom. Do servants live in the Lord's castle or the outhouse? Upstaires or downstairs.?

The least in the kingdom of heaven are the cooks... With what little they have they try to season our foods. Which is alot more than the rest of us do with much and... by reading scripture as a cannon.

mtnwoman

Paul told the Galatians that your teaching is no better than witchcraft. He affirmed the believer's total freedom from the law. I fear no curse from the law.

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:" (Galatians 3:13)
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Romans 8:1)

Amen!!

mtnwoman

Why does everyone think he/she will get a mansion in the Kingdom. Do servants live in the Lord's castle or the outhouse? Upstaires or downstairs.?

The least in the kingdom of heaven are the cooks... With what little they have they try to season our foods. Which is alot more than the rest of us do with much and... by reading scripture as a cannon.

I'll gladly cook for the sheeples!!

Lowjack

Might be a great error to believe Paul over Christ,

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
None of the apostles ever taught a church to observe a sabbath.
They all quiet did the opposite.

John 4:21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, an hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” 25 The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us.” 26 Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.”

Last edited:

gemcgrew

Might be a great error to believe Paul over Christ,
Lowjack, God has an elect remnant among the Jews that he will save, who will be grafted into Christ by faith. Salvation is promised only to those who look to Christ in faith. No one was ever saved by keeping the law. When you put the law in the place of grace, I must reject it.

"Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace." (Romans 11:5)
"And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again." (Romans 11:23)
"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:" (Romans 11:25,26)

1gr8bldr

The history of Christianity is ugly. We should know the truth, yet it is so bad that on the other hand, it is hard to deal with the knowledge of it.

gemcgrew

The history of Christianity is ugly. We should know the truth, yet it is so bad that on the other hand, it is hard to deal with the knowledge of it.
The history of Christianity is beautiful. God works all things after the counsel of his will.

“He increaseth the nations, and destroyeth them: he enlargeth the nations, and straiteneth them again.”(Job 12:23)

“When he giveth quietness, who then can make trouble? and when he hideth his face, who then can behold him? whether it be done against a nation, or against a man only.”(Job 34:29)

“I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”(Isaiah 45:7)

“Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: ”(Isaiah 46:9,10)

Perspective!

Artfuldodger

"And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again." (Romans 11:23)

That must really be confusing for someone who believes in eternal salvation. Here is a Jewish man who follows God and the Law. Jesus comes and he doesn't believe he is the Messiah thus losing his salvation. Later he sees the error of his ways and starts believing. He had salvation, lost it, and gained it back.
Maybe we should just say we are saved by God's grace before or after Jesus came to the Earth.

mtnwoman

I think the entire history of man is ugly. You don't see women marching across the world trying to conquer nations do ya, killing people to take over their bit of turf? :cool:

mtnwoman

That must really be confusing for someone who believes in eternal salvation. Here is a Jewish man who follows God and the Law. Jesus comes and he doesn't believe he is the Messiah thus losing his salvation. Later he sees the error of his ways and starts believing. He had salvation, lost it, and gained it back.
Maybe we should just say we are saved by God's grace before or after Jesus came to the Earth.

I know what you're sayin'.

Don't forget MrDodger, the Jews were 'temporarily' blinded, like Paul, just for a longer period of time. Don't worry, God will take care of them, just like He did Paul.

hobbs27

Oh my...::;