Coon Hunters needed in Heard County

GWH

We have an outstanding coon population on our club and we are looking for someone to help remove some, 1200 ac. good road system, WP WMA adjoins the land on one side. We will require a small fee for access. No hunting during deer season. If interested pm me a phone number
Thanks!

Doug B.

I could be wrong, somebody else may know if that's how it works, but, there is not a lot of coon hunters anymore. The ones that do have good dogs have probably got plenty of places to hunt nowadays without paying an access fee. Again, I may be wrong.

You may have to pay a trapper to catch them, or better yet, get you some dog proof traps and catch them yourself. I hope it works out for you.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Thread says "needed". So you need them yet want them to pay a fee? Man I used to love me some coon hunting. Had some good dogs. Couldn't imagine paying somebody to do it, esp when west point wma is 10k acres next door.... Good luck

GWH

Is anything free now other than government handouts, I trapped in the late 70's while in college, prices for pelts were good now. Back then the land was open and when we did start leasing it in 1979, it was less than $1.00. Now it averages over $12.00. Not trying to start a war, just trying to give another hunter access to quality land with a good population of coons, getting fat on corn. Also he/she would be the only ones coon hunting. If anyone takes offence please forgive me.

ArmyTaco

I mean I know several that would come kill coons for yall, but they're not going to pay to do it. Plenty of deer hunters are tired of feeding coons and will gladly let us come on in and thin them out after deer season. If you're serious about it let me know but nobody is going to pay you for worthless coons. A top quality XXL hide in perfect shape from up north only sells for maybe $10 these days. These southern coons you be lucky to get $1-2.

outdoorman

I just come upon this post and have a few Q's about getting rid of coons on my land. Why aren't people coon hunting any longer? People used to like coon meat in the south but I assume don't anymore?

ArmyTaco

Plenty of us still coon hunt. The biggest issue I face is finding land. Most deer hunters think once a dog steps foot on a property the deer will run to the property lines and never come back.

Where are you located? I can sure help that issue if it's a reasonable drive. Especially with a hunt coming up. How large is the property?

I just come upon this post and have a few Q's about getting rid of coons on my land. Why aren't people coon hunting any longer? People used to like coon meat in the south but I assume don't anymore?

deramey67

Once coon season comes back around me and some of my friends will come help with the coon problem but won’t be able to pay much since it is 2.5 hours away from where we live. But we always enjoy a good opportunity to run the dogs

deramey67

We have an outstanding coon population on our club and we are looking for someone to help remove some, 1200 ac. good road system, WP WMA adjoins the land on one side. We will require a small fee for access. No hunting during deer season. If interested pm me a phone number
Thanks!
Hit me up once coon season comes back around and me and a few friends may be able to come help you out

Thanks!
send me a text 404-375-8310 would be interested in joining to coon hunt out of season

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I think a herding dog might be better'n a treeing dog for me...

Screenshot_20211029-075406_Spartan Camera.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211029-075406_Spartan Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20211029-075406_Spartan Camera.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 0