Creek Find...Heartbreaker.

Woodsman28

Found this one on a sandbar in a S.W GA creek. Hated to see it was broken, but any info anyone might have on it would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG-4010.jpg
    IMG-4010.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 910
  • IMG-4011.jpg
    IMG-4011.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 910

Duff

Wow, that is a heartbreaker! Still a great find!!

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Possibly a Kirk Corner Notch. Shame that it has an ancient break. Nice water patina.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice. That one has a Lost Lake look about it to me.

walkinboss01

I thought clay too, but I'm definitely not an expert.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
If it was resharpened a couple of times, it would be a Clay.

Ironically, the only Clay I`ve ever found had been turned into a scraper.

Pointpuller

If it was resharpened a couple of times, it would be a Clay.

Ironically, the only Clay I`ve ever found had been turned into a scraper.

Are you saying sharpening points changes the type????
As far as I know sharpening takes it from a 1st stage to a later stage but doesn't change the type.
It shares similarities to the KCN and Clay.
Son had a wide heart shaped point that was similar that he called a KCN. It was my favorite of his. The squared off ear had me leaning towards Clay.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Are you saying sharpening points changes the type????
As far as I know sharpening takes it from a 1st stage to a later stage but doesn't change the type.
It shares similarities to the KCN and Clay.
Son had a wide heart shaped point that was similar that he called a KCN. It was my favorite of his. The squared off ear had me leaning towards Clay.

Not really, but picture the point above with straight or slightly incurvate edges. Also, I`ve seen some really nice Kirk Corner Notch points that if they had resharpened beveled edges they would be a classic Lost Lake.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Not to hijack the thread but anyone got a guess on how old the one is? I've read where some points are dated back 1000 years or more.

DEERFU

I like to imagine how it got to where they are found. Could've wounded an animal that found it's way to the waterway to die