Cristobal to Miami

bullgator

Miami doesn’t draw very big crowds, maybe 40,000. Their facilities are way behind most D1 schools and especially Oregon’s.
If Cristobal weren’t a native he wouldn’t have given it a second look.

GTMODawg

BANNED

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Good coach.....loads of programatic and cultural issues to overcome at the U.

Should be a net positive for UGA starting the season against Oregon next year....
Yeah, Miami would have never wanted Kirby. He's not good enough.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Miami doesn’t draw very big crowds, maybe 40,000. Their facilities are way behind most D1 schools and especially Oregon’s.
If Cristobal weren’t a native he wouldn’t have given it a second look.
Admin sure can't be considering that....reports @ 9M a year, + 8M Oregon buyout + 7M for Manny to disappear! WOW, must be some money n Miami somewhere ;)

bullgator

Admin sure can't be considering that....reports @ 9M a year, + 8M Oregon buyout + 7M for Manny to disappear! WOW, must be some money n Miami somewhere ;)
Alum money.

Reactions: srb

Madsnooker

35-13 with the ducks.
I didn't mean to imply he wasn't a good coach, I'm just not sure why all the hoopla yet. He's not accomplished anything I'm aware of? Maybe his biggest accomplishment so far was beating a team full of first year starters in OSU. A great win for him no doubt but has he won a conference title anywhere or anything of note?

James12

I didn't mean to imply he wasn't a good coach, I'm just not sure why all the hoopla yet. He's not accomplished anything I'm aware of? Maybe his biggest accomplishment so far was beating a team full of first year starters in OSU. A great win for him no doubt but has he won a conference title anywhere or anything of note?

Well, on that note, what was all the hoopla with Day? And now we’re saying first year starters. The SEC doesn’t get to use that excuse right?

Madsnooker

Well, on that note, what was all the hoopla with Day? And now we’re saying first year starters. The SEC doesn’t get to use that excuse right?
I think your reading to much into this. My opinion is Cristobal is a good coach but not sure why he gets so.much hoopla. If you think he is awesome fine. Why you have to turn everything into a way to rip osu or day everytime I post something I have no idea. Actually I do but

By the way, Day has won a conference title 2 out of 3 years he's been a head coach and has won a playoff game and coached good enough to win 2 of the 3 playoff games he's been in. He just lost his first conference game in 3 years and he just recruited the second highest rated class ever. If that's not enough "hoopla" for you in a coaches first 3 years of ever being a head coach then I'm not sure why you want to argue with me about Cristobal??? It's really a head scratcher. But I guess it's par for the course lately around here.

James12

I think your reading to much into this. My opinion is Cristobal is a good coach but not sure why he gets so.much hoopla. If you think he is awesome fine. Why you have to turn everything into a way to rip osu or day everytime I post something I have no idea. Actually I do but

By the way, Day has won a conference title 2 out of 3 years he's been a head coach and has won a playoff game and coached good enough to win 2 of the 3 playoff games he's been in. He just lost his first conference game in 3 years and he just recruited the second highest rated class ever. If that's not enough "hoopla" for you in a coaches first 3 years of ever being a head coach then I'm not sure why you want to argue with me about Cristobal??? It's really a head scratcher. But I guess it's par for the course lately around here.

Those are Big 10 titles, and one could argue they were won with Urban’s talent (as bad as I hate to say that). This year was probably as close to “Day’s team” as it’s been yet and well ——— just my opinion though. And yea I know, my team of choice resides in the ACC and isn’t going to a bowl.

P.S….. that guy Cristobal beat your guy this year. And sorry for the OSU angst. You can thank my in-laws and urban for that ?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Wonder if universities put the buy out money in escrow for when they have to buy out another coach's contract.

alphachief

I was actually being sarcastic about his record. I love the hire…we’ll enjoy beating him!

Gold Ranger

John Ruiz is a politically connected lawyer down there worth about $50billion. He has pledged to build them a new stadium on his own. They found Daddy Warbucks. Miami with money is a dangerous thing. Fortunately, this will probably lead to the NCAA knocking on their door in a few years, a la Nevin Shapiro.

Gold Ranger

I was actually being sarcastic about his record. I love the hire…we’ll enjoy beating him!

Don't sleep on this move. Cristobal will recruit the talent. They have also pledged to give him the highest paid staff in the ACC.