cut heal???

Hey guys I have treeing feist who has gotten cut really bad by another dog and a friend of mine who hog hunts gave me some medicine called cut heal. I'm sure some of you have had some dogs to get cut before how do y'all treat them. Is this the best stuff sorry if this topic doesn't belong here but I figured someone on here would know alittle about this issue.

johnbanks63

You can buy a spray bluecoat that works pretty good same thing used on cows. And either stitch it up or get you a staple gun.

Jester896

Senior Clown
cut heal is good as well as bluecoat or blue lotion spray. Might also need some antibiotics

Rich Kaminski

Penicillin for snake bites? Tell me more. I'm sure you must be right, I just do not know anything about being bit by a snake other than if it happens - to go to a hospital.

Forkhorn

I've used Sulfodene skin medication for as long as I can remember for my Bulldogs. Never used the "cut heal" stuff.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I've used Sulfodene skin medication for as long as I can remember for my Bulldogs. Never used the "cut heal" stuff.

isn't that more for scrapes and irritations on the skin? Cut heal is more for tears through the skin or pierces that may in fact need stapling or sutures and they are not used. It keeps it moist and allows the wound to heal from the bottom up with no need for leaving a spot open for proper draining of the wound....and especially if it is in a place they cant lick.. if I am correct

Ranger

I use "wound dust" on anything that is not very deep. I also keep an eye on it. Deeper wounds may need staples or sutures.

Cut heal is some really good stuff I have used it before on some bad cuts and it heals from the inside out without have to staple the wound. This was just a really bad cut under her shoulder and was wandering if there was anything better gonna stick with cut heal and penicillin. As for the snake bites I mix 1 cc of pinicillin and 1 CC of vitamin b12 this is used for beagles and treeing feist so bigger dogs may need more. My experience is if they make thru the first 30 min than they will make it thru.any bite near the vitals is the worse I'm sure someone has other snake bite solutions but this has worked many times beforebefore.