Dad's Old Shoulder Holster, and his Police Positive...Update!! I found his woods holster, got some ammo!!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I found my Dad's Bucheimer 504 shoulder holster in a box. He used it with an old Colt Police Positive .38 s&w..

I cleaned it up, mink oiled it, and made a new opposite shoulder strap.

I'm gonna put it to some use trappin' and woods walking and we'll see if it sticks...

IMG_20240305_163703542.jpg

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Looks to be in very good shape for it's age.
Yeah, it was pretty dried out, but mink oil and elbow grease helped it.

Dad only wore this one with a suit, which wasn't very often... :LOL:

I don't know what happened to the original harness for the opposite side...

I kinda like old stuff, too. I'm looking forward to using it, just because...

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill

Hey, I did find some spring clip holsters online by the way so you may be able to find more with a little searching.

transfixer

I think I've got an old Bianchi shoulder holster still around here some place, it had spring retention like you're talking about also, if I remember right it was for 6-7 in barrels I believe, I'll have to see if I can find it, although I don't have anything it would work with currently

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Well, just to kind of close out this memory of Dad, here's his old Colt Police Positive.

IMG_20240305_193512288.jpg

The story goes that he mail ordered it from the Boston Police Department when they upgraded from the .38S&W, to the .38 Spl...Colt says the serial # is from 1935...

Must be true, because it has a BPD number on the back strap...

IMG_20240305_193712398.jpg

I need to buy a box of ammo and let the grand boys shoot this thing...

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Well, just to kind of close out this memory of Dad, here's his old Colt Police Positive.

View attachment 1292133

The story goes that he mail ordered it from the Boston Police Department when they upgraded from the .38S&W, to the .38 Spl...Colt says the serial # is from 1935...

Must be true, because it has a BPD number on the back strap...

View attachment 1292132

I need to buy a box of ammo and let the grand boys shoot this thing...
I love those Police Positive's! You've got a gem right there!

WishboneW

I think I've got an old Bianchi shoulder holster still around here some place, it had spring retention like you're talking about also, if I remember right it was for 6-7 in barrels I believe, I'll have to see if I can find it, although I don't have anything it would work with currently
If you find it and are interested in selling, please let me know.

I need a holster for Mr colt peace maker in 22 lr that I use running my traps. A shoulder holster would be ideal

Hillbilly stalker

There’s something about an ol wheel gun that just puts a warm smile on my face.:rockon: I don’t know if it still stands true…..but used to, a colt cylinder revolved just the opposite way of all other revolver manufacturers. I saw that on an old cop show one time. Checked it out and it was true at the time. That was before the internet. You have a true jewel there, belonging to your dad an all.(y)

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
There’s something about an ol wheel gun that just puts a warm smile on my face.:rockon: I don’t know if it still stands true…..but used to, a colt cylinder revolved just the opposite way of all other revolver manufacturers. I saw that on an old cop show one time. Checked it out and it was true at the time. That was before the internet. You have a true jewel there, belonging to your dad an all.(y)
Well, I just HAD TO check this out, and it is a fact, the old Colt cylinder spins clockwise.

Two Smiths, a Taurus Public Defender, and the GP100 all spin counter-clockwise.

Now I'm curious if NEW Colts spin clockwise...

Somebody go check!!! :LOL:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I have a similar holster that I purchased in the late 70s. It is a Bianchi model #X 2100 Phantom & is sized for 38/357 but the spring tension is very good and I have used it to haul both Sig and Glock autos. It is now sometimes carries a S&W Model of 1905 .38 Spcl that my grandfather purchased in the 30s. The holster provides good concealment under a suit coat and very quick and easy access to the weapon.

This model has an elastic strap that circles from the holster across the shooter's center back up and around the weak hand shoulder then across the back of the shoulders again to connect with the holster. The elastic makes it quick and easy to put on and take off but I now need to replace the elastic or better yet, fabricate a replacement in leather.

WishboneW

Well, I just HAD TO check this out, and it is a fact, the old Colt cylinder spins clockwise.

Two Smiths, a Taurus Public Defender, and the GP100 all spin counter-clockwise.

Now I'm curious if NEW Colts spin clockwise...

Somebody go check!!! :LOL:
My 1980’s peace maker in 22 lr and wmr spins clockwise.