Dahlonega Ga. Questions

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Thank y'all for all the input. Still not sure where we're going. It's looking like we may only have time for an overnight trip, so we may try to range closer to home.
So here's my thoughts on Dahlonega....well it's actually the wife's but I tend to agree. Our first visit, had it been "The destination" we would have been disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's a great place, lighted for the Holidays on the central round about, some nice shops to visit, a few good eateries, we ate at Bourbon St Grill...very nice, seating on balcony overlooking the square...but after 2-3 hours there just ain't much to see. Dahlonega was the last stop on our Friday excursion that took us thru Cleveland Ga, across the mountains to Blairsville, over to Blue Ridge (Merciers Orchards is a must visit) ending at Dahlonega for supper and night lights. We'll be back again...just not next weekend when the high is forecast to be in the teens!

Geffellz18

Thank y'all for all the input. Still not sure where we're going. It's looking like we may only have time for an overnight trip, so we may try to range closer to home.

If this ends up being the case, look into Sowell Farms North Pole in Milton, FL as an option.
Right in my home town and guessing only 3-4 hrs from you max. They won the Great Christmas Light Fight a few years back- Over 15 acres of lights along with live animals & nativity scene, etc.
I hear from friends & family it’s a sight to see.
38D213F8-5D1C-4D2E-8EBA-B96102154F2F.jpegA3F6896B-B0EE-46FF-8377-4AA1EC0DCD12.jpeg

chase870

Possum Sox
Fall quarter of 1987 weeks away from signing contract at North Georgia I used some poor judgement involving cold beer, a hot girl, and a 87 Nissan truck. Sheriff Seabolt was kind enough to let me out of his jail but did tell me not to come back

Big Foot

I like Gainesville - Longstreet Buffet is the best in the State - old school awesome Country cooking...I visit couple times per month

Rest of town 2 thumbs up, but then again - I'm from Albany

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
We wound up driving to Macon Sun afternoon & checked out the lights downtown.
Screenshot_20221222-144249_Gallery.jpg
We then drove out to Pate Road & drove through the lights there.
Screenshot_20221222-143817_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221222-143844_Gallery.jpg
Spectacular! We thought it was going to be a neighborhood, but it was one property!

Mon we hit Bass Pro & Buccees, then headed toward Statesboro. Looked at a piece of property on the way.
Screenshot_20221222-144012_Gallery.jpg
That night we went to TMT Farms & drove through their light display. Awesome!
Screenshot_20221222-143930_Gallery.jpg
Tue we stopped by Pladd Dot Music before leaving Statesboro. It's owned by Chris Mitchell Guitars.
Screenshot_20221222-144840_Gallery.jpgStarted piddling our way home & detoured over to Hinesville & ate at Izolla's. Delicious food.
Screenshot_20221222-144047_Gallery.jpg
Headed on down through Waycross, stopped by MIL's in Live Oak, then on home. Enjoyed our little trip.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
We wound up driving to Macon Sun afternoon & checked out the lights downtown.
View attachment 1197863
We then drove out to Pate Road & drove through the lights there.
View attachment 1197864View attachment 1197865
Spectacular! We thought it was going to be a neighborhood, but it was one property!

Mon we hit Bass Pro & Buccees, then headed toward Statesboro. Looked at a piece of property on the way.
View attachment 1197866
That night we went to TMT Farms & drove through their light display. Awesome!
View attachment 1197867
Tue we stopped by Pladd Dot Music before leaving Statesboro. It's owned by Chris Mitchell Guitars.
View attachment 1197868Started piddling our way home & detoured over to Hinesville & ate at Izolla's. Delicious food.
View attachment 1197869
Headed on down through Waycross, stopped by MIL's in Live Oak, then on home. Enjoyed our little trip.
Looks like a great trip.

Geffellz18

Looks like you guys were able to pack a lot in to a short getaway!
Great to get out there and see something different.
Thanks for taking us along!

4HAND

Staff member
Yeah, it's fun to just load up some times & strike out with no agenda. Really enjoyed the drive home from Statesboro. Never touched an interstate.

Geffellz18

Yeah, it's fun to just load up some times & strike out with no agenda. Really enjoyed the drive home from Statesboro. Never touched an interstate.

The last few times we traveled to FL East Coast, we took different routes from here down through the state on state & US hwys, bypassing I 75 all together. Much prefer it. Took a different route coming & going each time. Probably have taken at least 4-5 routes now.
You get to see so much interesting stuff and pass through small towns & such!
The Buc-ee’s is a draw back to I75 though if we aren’t going to hit the ones in St Augustine or Daytona. That XXL brisket sammich is some kinda good-Even if it is $12.50!

4HAND

Staff member
Yes sir, I like looking at old barns, homesites, etc. You don't see much of that from the interstate.

4HAND

Staff member
Along the way we came across these 2 Churches. Both Baptist. Makes you wonder if there was a congregational split in the past.
Screenshot_20221222-233435_Gallery.jpg
I can hear it now -
"Junior, I just can't believe he said that! From the Pulpit, no less!" :bounce: :bounce: