Daughter bags her first deer

Core Lokt

Heck yeah!! Congrats young lady!! You too dad.

Never limit a kids harvest on antler size or points. That's a sure way to turn them off from the sport IMO. My girls had the green light on any buck that made them excited or happy. They have passed on several each too.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Beautiful buck and smile ? congrats to u both !!! I’m blessed to know exactly how u feel

back_woods

Man that's awesome congrats to you both! My little girl will be 7 in a week and this is her second season with daddy. Your post made me smile. I cant wait to share the same moment with my daughter.

Core Lokt

Hold on back_woods…… Mine were 9 and 11 on their first kills and have killed deer every year since. . They are 21 and 23 now. Sees like 4-5 years ago when they got their first..... Time flies by man. Enjoy it brother. The rest of you too..

bany

That deer met its potential! Was never gonna be any better. Congratulations to her! Spectacular trophy you’ll both enjoy for life. And print that smile!!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Way to go young lady!

hambone76

That’s what it’s all about right there! Congratulations to both of you.
I’d give up every shooter buck on my property and the lesser ones as well,
to see my children smiling like that!

ghadarits

Yes this deer had plenty of potential but it was agreed if we saw a buck she could pull the trigger! Turned out to be a 10 pointer and not only did it make her day but made my season. I don’t care if I even see another deer this year, have the opportunity to share this experience with her was priceless! She earned her war paint and learned how to harvest one of God’s magnificent creatures! I’m blessed and thankful...

Yep that deer did have a lot of potential and lived up to by putting that big smile on the pretty girls face and gave her a memory of hunting with her dad that will last forever.

That's a great big monster 10 point in my book.
Congrats to both of you Sir.

greene_dawg

Was with both of my girls when they shot their firsts. Best hunt you'll ever have! Wait until you see the smile on her face when you sit down at the table to eat the protein she provided!

mlbowfin

Was with both of my girls when they shot their firsts. Best hunt you'll ever have! Wait until you see the smile on her face when you sit down at the table to eat the protein she provided!
we ground up the hinds, shoulders and neck with beef fat from local butcher. already made hamburgers one night, tenderloin another and 10 point tacos last night! I'm the one still grinning more than her! my only problem is if I dont shoot one with more than ten points, she'll never let me live it down but that's ok I guess..